Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Very little, I'm afraid. It can't be cured, only managed. Those most effected by HAS will find the slightest things linked to hats and make them a big deal. I know one person who saw a child's book at Wal Mart that referred to hats and could hardly contain himself. Bill @Bill Hughes uses one of the better management options currently available. Professional counselors refer to this as the "one in, one out" theory.

553666-f19bdd4a960b9e69c86d5379138cc3a9.jpg

What can I do for HAS? it's becoming a real problem.:oops:

Wait. You’re asking…US??
Do you actually think WE know where the prison keys are hidden?!
Relax, bro. Make yourself at home.

:cool:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
My first Stetson with Mode Edge. I paid more than I typically would but I really needed this one. This hat is chocolaty brown. I messed with the lighting a bit to try and show the features a little better.
View attachment 562681 View attachment 562682 View attachment 562683 View attachment 562684 View attachment 562685 View attachment 562686 View attachment 562687 View attachment 562688
Congratulations Phil - that’s fantastic! How’s the fit? Got a shot with it on your head? It looks to be in stellar condition, too!

hambone71

Practically Family
Congratulations Phil - that’s fantastic! How’s the fit? Got a shot with it on your head? It looks to be in stellar condition, too!
Thanks, Nathan! The fit is perfect. I'll get a head shot soon. Yes, I would say it's minty. I've been noticing those great ME's you've been sharing and that's what has turned me onto them.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Less bold than the "Chicago 1930 Years" this is a humble hat with a fantastic "Misto" felt
Charles Hatters A.jpg
It wasn't easy to convince the seller to send me a photo of the felt, his solution was drastic: take it or leave it
Charles Hatters 1.jpg
I took a chance and won
Charles Hatters interno.jpg
Charles Hatters measures 58 centimeters, or 5 1/2 French point, in the USA he measures 7 1/4. finished very well for the period and above all, unlike his brothers it is soft
Charles Hatters 7.jpg
This is the name of the felt (what I can really read): "M L Foca M. Marrone"
Charles Hatters Foca etichetta carta.jpg
Soft and with a color that I have rarely seen in recent years
Charles Hatters particolare feltro1 s.jpg
Of course, the production is Borsalino and probably in Stefan's annals there is evidence that there is a "Misto Marrone" and a "Foca" which is the felt finish.
Charles Hatters 4.jpg
The measurements are typical of an Italian hat from the Sixties/Seventies.
The brims are 4.8 cm. and the ribbon is 4cm high. while the open crown is 13 centimetres
Charles Hatters 9.jpg
All I have to do is look for one in my size to have this type of felt :)
Charles Hatters particolare feltro s.jpg

Coming soon a pair of Borsalinos found on the market in precarious conditions
Thanks for your likes and kind words on the "Chicago satinè"

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
The felt looks like a rust red with perhaps a purple tone on my screen, Daniele. Your gamble paid off.

Less bold than the "Chicago 1930 Years" this is a humble hat with a fantastic "Misto" felt
View attachment 563076
It wasn't easy to convince the seller to send me a photo of the felt, his solution was drastic: take it or leave it
View attachment 563077
I took a chance and won
View attachment 563083
Charles Hatters measures 58 centimeters, or 5 1/2 French point, in the USA he measures 7 1/4. finished very well for the period and above all, unlike his brothers it is soft
View attachment 563078
View attachment 563079
View attachment 563080
Of course, the production is Borsalino and probably in Stefan's annals there is evidence that there is a "Misto Marrone" and a "Foca" which is the felt finish.
View attachment 563081
The brims are 4.8 cm. and the ribbon is 4cm high. while the open crown is 13 centimetres
View attachment 563082
View attachment 563084

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 563076
View attachment 563077
I took a chance and won
View attachment 563083
View attachment 563078
View attachment 563079
View attachment 563080
View attachment 563081
View attachment 563082
View attachment 563084
A Borsalino made heather felt, what's not to like? Misto marrone is indeed a colour that was on the list, but to be fair it was only added recently, so not a colour we've seen a lot. Nice find, Daniele.

Mossant Imperial by Sools in grey (fonte)
Great hand on the felt, very mallable.
In great condition. Nice one. Only the stitching spots on the ribbon are visible, i don't know why that is exactly.
View attachment 563162 View attachment 563163 View attachment 563164 View attachment 563165 View attachment 563166 View attachment 563167 View attachment 563168 View attachment 563169 View attachment 563170 View attachment 563171
Cool finds, Marcel. These Mossants for Sools never disappoint.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Travelled to the mountains today to see my expert hat man and got this excellent panama and hat case.

The panama is good because it was fitted to my head and chosen to best suit my face. They are specially designed panamas to look really stylish.

At long last l will no longer have to put up with my hat sitting on the back of my car seat at risk of getting damaged. This hat case will come in very handy. Any time l am out in the car it will come with me.

King panama and hat case.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR