Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Answers for Delthayre:

Delthayre said:
That is a fantastic hat! It is quite nearly what I envision as my ideal grey fedora, provided that is is grey, of course. The color in some of the images is nearer to a sort of tan.

The side profile is especially striking. You've given in a lovely crease. Could you tell me the brim width?

Thanks! The brim is 2-1/2" which I consider ideal for me.
Crown is 4" at front pinch.
Color is very grey - a light, cool grey that is. Real clean looking.
I put some little captions on most of the Photobucket images but you might not have noticed them under the images. Those captions sort of disclaim which pix are more acurate, etc.
All the best,
Gene

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
With a wink, smile and brief look skyward

HarpPlayerGene said:
Thanks! The brim is 2-1/2" which I consider ideal for me.
Crown is 4" at front pinch.
Color is very grey - a light, cool grey that is. Real clean looking.
I put some little captions on most of the Photobucket images but you might not have noticed them under the images. Those captions sort of disclaim which pix are more accurate, etc.
All the best,
Gene

Thank you very kindly. I did indeed overlook the captions indicating the inaccurate appearance of the color in some photographs.

I shall have to remember these images for future reference.

mike

Call Me a Cab
My Gus Miller/Batsakes Bogart Fedora...

Photo14.jpg

I put more pictures here

Viper Man

Banned
Ande1964 said:

WOW! Sweet Cav! I hope I did as well as you! Here's a Cavanagh that I bought recently for $40...

d597_1.JPG

It hasn't arrived yet and I am guessing by the photo that the brim is 2" or less but they look like they could be brothers! lol

Your hat has the perfect brim size, I think. It looks great on you.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Marlowe said:
Dig the hat, photo and tats. Kudos!

thanks! I'm just bumming around at home today, usually I never show off my tattoos out of the house.
This is my first non-mass produced fedora! I love it! I can't stop playing with it! :D

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Came across something interesting yesterday: a vintage, NOS, milan with an Optimo crown. Must date from the 60's - 70's. The maker's label is gone, but it does say "Genuine Milan". After some work (ironing the brim, getting a better ribbon on), it seems to be alright! Oh, and it cost me twenty bucks!
MilanOp.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Lucky.....

Looks Good.

I have a Dobbs Straw with an Optimo Crease in it, it's 2-tone. I acquired it from our own "Tango" last year, I love it. I'll have to post it for you sometime.

What color was the original ribbon on yours?

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
bolthead said:
Looks Good.

I have a Dobbs Straw with an Optimo Crease in it, it's 2-tone. I acquired it from our own "Tango" last year, I love it. I'll have to post it for you sometime.

What color was the original ribbon on yours?
Thanks! I'd love to see yours. The original ribbon was just a band of the same kind of milan with a beige backing. Not very nice at all.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino Flat Top...

I snatched a couple Caps this past week off of "you know where",:rolleyes: It seems my wife has recently acquired a taste for my Caps, well I thought that gave me a good reason to extend my collection a bit, right? :D

Here's a nice Borso Flat topper I found. Great deal too, $15

BorsoFlatcap1.jpg

BorsoFlatcap2.jpg

BorsoFlatcap3.jpg

I also found this interesting Italian Straw Cap, never heard of it...but I thought it was unusual, and again a real bargain @ $9 shipped, so I grabbed it. Anyone ever heard of this name before?

ItalStrawCap4.jpg

ItalStrawCap5.jpg

ItalStrawCap6.jpg

I don't know how much I'll wear this one, but I think she will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo