Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
2-3/8" brim 5-1/2" crown. Looks like new other than a few tiny moth nips. Anyone care to guess its age?[/QUOTE]

Is it safe to assume that this one is 40's?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
2-3/8" brim 5-1/2" crown. Looks like new other than a few tiny moth nips. Anyone care to guess its age?

Is it safe to assume that this one is 40's?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't assume it. The proportion are more 1930's(a generalization of course), The liner is pleated, unreeded sweat with pebbled finish and there are no Union tags(all other tags present and in good shape and no residue from stickers.) I find nothing about the company surviving the depression(I could be wrong).

RBH

Bartender
Here are a couple of shot of my new MooreLite 'The Covington'.
Made by Buckaroo Hatters.

The bound brim is 2 7\8s and a beautiful green.I would call moss green.
The front crown is 5", the back is right at 4''. It has a teardrop put in by Major Moore.
The moss green ribbon is 1 '' and the lite felt is natural. It is unlined and really cool for a felt. I have worn it some this past week and was really surprised at how cool it was.

hpim4721.jpg

hpim4722.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
a little repair needed first, pic to come soon...

I got a wonderful vintage dark natural and black straw Edwardian hat that I'll be wearing tomorrow. The crown needs a bit of restitching that I'll be doing later tonight. Hubby Chuck helped me with some steaming to slightly reshape the crown and de-crimp the attached roses and leaves.

Pic will be forthcoming, the event is a River City (a la "Music Man"") Picnic and dance.

RBH

Bartender
Most of you will remember the pizza for a hat deal I made with Major Moore, awhile back.:D

Here is a shot of it as it was.

031fol.jpg

Now here is a shot with new ribbon I got from Mike and I just stitched on tonight.
I also redid the teardrop just a might. Not really a diamond but I think it adds a little more punch to the hat.
The brim on this one is 2 3\4, The front pinch is 4 3\4 the back is 4 1\4. The felt is the mid weight western and the color is bone. The ribbon is a brownish green.

So this feels like a new hat!! :eusa_clap

004lhx.jpg

006cqo.jpg

005bnm.jpg

Guess what... I put a diamond crease in after I took the photos! :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
I got a wonderful vintage dark natural and black straw Edwardian hat that I'll be wearing tomorrow. The crown needs a bit of restitching that I'll be doing later tonight. Hubby Chuck helped me with some steaming to slightly reshape the crown and de-crimp the attached roses and leaves.

Pic will be forthcoming, the event is a River City (a la "Music Man"") Picnic and dance.

Lookin' forward to it...

Mr. Paladin

RBH said:
Most of you will remember the pizza for a hat deal I made with Major Moore, awhile back.:D

Now here is a shot with new ribbon I got from Mike and I just stitched on tonight.
I also redid the teardrop just a might. Not really a diamond but I think it adds a little more punch to the hat.

006cqo.jpg

RBH, that is superb. The new ribbon and your crease work are fabulous. Maybe you can show your trademark diamond one day soon...

BobC

RBH said:

005bnm.jpg

Guess what... I put a diamond crease in after I took the photos! :D

I like this look, Rusty.

OddSteve

Familiar Face
No felt today!

A friend invited me to a canoeing trip in mid august, so I needed a hat that I wouldn't mind losing or ruining.
I decided to buy this Stetson Takani - it's very light and perfectly ventilated.
And moreover, it's much better looking than the usual boonie or bucket hat :D

takani.jpg

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Love your hat!

I just wrote Mike and told him I want one like yours!!!

I love that ribbon color!

gtdean48 said:
It came in last night from Major Mike & being passed around like a cheap saloon girl by those whose name will not be mentioned. Specifics & detail photos in the Major Mike tribute thread...
buckfs01.jpg

MarkL

One of the Regulars
What a great change!!!!

[Rusty, I am dumbfounded at how that hat changed with the new ribbon and bash.

Amazing! It looks great!!!

QUOTE=RBH]Most of you will remember the pizza for a hat deal I made with Major Moore, awhile back.:D

Here is a shot of it as it was.

031fol.jpg

The brim on this one is 2 3\4, The front pinch is 4 3\4 the back is 4 1\4. The felt is the mid weight western and the color is bone. The ribbon is a brownish green.

004lhx.jpg

006cqo.jpg

005bnm.jpg

Guess what... I put a diamond crease in after I took the photos! :D[/QUOTE]

Levallois

Practically Family
My First Optimo

New old Optimo in Skyline blue just scored off of ebay for less than half of what they cost new. The darn thing is pristine - doesn't look like it was ever worn. Forgive me if you've seen this posted in another topic.

Optimo2.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Levallois said:
New old Optimo in Skyline blue just scored off of ebay for less than half of what they cost new. The darn thing is pristine - doesn't look like it was ever worn. Forgive me if you've seen this posted in another topic.

Superb :eusa_clap!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24