Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Apparently, the delivery guys weren't quite done with me when I posted the pics of the Barton. A little while later, my Open Road arrived! :D

I'll get some better pics when I get to a better camera, but it looks like it's in pretty good shape. A little steam, a little Lexol for the sweat & I'll be good to go!

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
Spats McGee said:
I sent my Barton hat to Mike Moore for a new sweat, stretch and cleaning. It just arrived today. I think he did a great job (at a very reasonable price, I might add), but stretching it left the ribbon just almost too short. The brim is stingier than most of my hats, so can I get some honest opinions on how it looks on me?

Not too stingy at all. I think it looks real sharp. Nice head to hat ratio. :)

billysmom

One Too Many
Spats McGee said:
I'll get some better pics when I get to a better camera, but it looks like it's in pretty good shape. A little steam, a little Lexol for the sweat & I'll be good to go!

Fantastic! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Spats McGee said:
I sent my Barton hat to Mike Moore for a new sweat, stretch and cleaning. It just arrived today. I think he did a great job (at a very reasonable price, I might add), but stretching it left the ribbon just almost too short. The brim is stingier than most of my hats, so can I get some honest opinions on how it looks on me?

That, Brother Spats, is a pearler. How could you harbour any doubts that it looks great on that legal scone?! Now, give it an airing in the Bar too!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Thanks, everyone! I really like the Barton, but I've grown accustomed to 2.5" brims.

Here are before and after (steaming) pictures of my new (to me) Open Road:

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gee Whiz! Leave for a week and come back to tons of new, great-looking hats!

Standouts of the bunch-Mario's Dunlap, GClark's VS, jwall's newly minted derby, and Spat's Barton. Really nice, every one!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

babs

A-List Customer
Spats McGee said:

Looks good Spats. Mike did a good job it appears. You need some good rez' pics of that hat. From memory of the auction pic's that ribbon style/color and hat color are outstanding. I know these pics don't do that hat justice.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Art Fawcett Capone Replica

I asked Art to replicate two Borsalino fedoras owned by Al Capone - the first arrived yesterday. I used a ribbon from a 20's fedora so it is period accurate.

White Rabbit Felt

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
I asked Art to replicate two Borsalino fedoras owned by Al Capone - the first arrived yesterday. I used a ribbon from a 20's fedora so it is period accurate.

White Rabbit Felt

QUOTE]

Outstanding Garrett! Another work of Art.:eusa_clap

B

duggap

Banned
Garrett, from everything that I have ever seen of Capone wearing that hat, I would say Art did a really good copy. Art is as much magacian as he is hatter. Enjoy, it a beauty.;)

buler

I'll Lock Up
Champ

Just got this stingy Champ with brim binding. Pretty nice feel to the felt. Original price tag of $9.95. Lefty, its from Mount Vernon, OH.

B

champ_1.jpg

champ_3.jpg

champ_5.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Also from Mount Vernon, Ohio

Got this Kevin McAndrew along with the Champ. Very nice hat. The sweatband is really thick and soft. The liner tip is a knockout.

B

mcandrew_1.jpg

mcandrew_2.jpg

mcandrew_5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo