Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

mlx

New in Town
@Marc mndt :

I see that the hem on yours ends right below your belt. In Thedi’s page it ends right above the belt. Is this something you told Theodoros or did he just decide to make yours that way?

mlx

New in Town
No, it's sewn in.
One more thing… I see you changed the pocket design so it would be inclined the other way; is this supposed to be symmetrical with the other side? And, are the two pockets supposed to be hand warmers?

Thanks for your answers, @58panheadfan, this will be my next Thedi jacket and I’m trying to come up with some tweaks.

For now, I think that for me it should be longer (below the belt like on Marc’s as supposed to above it), trying to figure out if the left pocket should be rotated like in yours, and lastly, debating on whether or not to ask him to have the belt removable. But then, I would have converted the MTC-127949 into the MTC-127920 . So, I have some thinking to do.

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many
@Marc mndt :

I see that the hem on yours ends right below your belt. In Thedi’s page it ends right above the belt. Is this something you told Theodoros or did he just decide to make yours that way?
I think it also has to do if you wear a low or high waisted jean... if you looking for an authentic fit as seen on vintage pictures of leather jackets in that era the hem is supposed to be worn above the belt line: double buckle design. But of course, that's a personal preference.

FL_Brando_Double Buckle.png

One more thing… I see you changed the pocket design so it would be inclined the other way; is this supposed to be symmetrical with the other side? And, are the two pockets supposed to be hand warmers?

Thanks for your answers, @58panheadfan, this will be my next Thedi jacket and I’m trying to come up with some tweaks.

For now, I think that for me it should be longer (below the belt like on Marc’s as supposed to above it), trying to figure out if the left pocket should be rotated like in yours, and lastly, debating on whether or not to ask him to have the belt removable. But then, I would have converted the MTC-127949 into the MTC-127920 . So, I have some thinking to do.
This particular jacket you are talking about was custom-made for a re-seller. Both slanted front pockets are symmetrical and supposed to be hand warmer pockets.

Note: Did you consider to go for the "tunnel design" with a removable belt like aero uses on his KOTR Jacket? I always liked this fact on my KOTR I had to be able to wear the jacket with or without the belt and no visible belt on the back even when worn with it.

mlx

New in Town
I think it also has to do if you wear a low or high waisted jean... if you looking for an authentic fit as seen on vintage pictures of leather jackets in that era the hem is supposed to be worn above the belt line: double buckle design. But of course, that's a personal preference.

View attachment 577106

This particular jacket you are talking about was custom-made for a re-seller. Both slanted front pockets are symmetrical and supposed to be hand warmer pockets.

Note: Did you consider to go for the "tunnel design" with a removable belt like aero uses on his KOTR Jacket? I always liked this fact on my KOTR I had to be able to wear the jacket with or without the belt and no visible belt on the back even when worn with it.
That “tunnel design” is exactly what I had in mind, I didn’t know what it was called and if it was a thing.

Thanks again!! This helps a lot.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know nothing - looks like Thedi is better but it's is 2x price (which I don't care about). I have communicated with Theti and awaiting a reply.

Let's just say that Thedi is at the top. Not the best, I have not found a "best". But in this tier of makers, you are in good hands. The difference becomes really a matter of preference.

Schott jackets - I don't own one but have handled them - are very solid choices, just not at that level or the price point that comes with it.

If it were not obvious already, I own several Thedi among other jackets :)

jr30

Familiar Face
Hi

Today I bought my first Thedi jacket and my first impression is very positive.

The jacket is labeled as size L and brand new.
I am 50+yrs, 5'11 (180cm) with 185 lbs (84kg) and I would be interested to know how you like it?

The workmanship is top notch, despite the black horsehide it is very soft with a pleasant feel and even when I wear it for the first time I don't have the feeling of wearing "knight's armor".

About the size:
I think the shoulders and sleeve length are right. It's tight on the hips and bottom/hem when it's buttoned, but on the one hand I expect it to widen a little while wearing it, and on the other hand it keeps me motivated to lose a few pounds.

Worn open, which is what I usually do, the jacket is very comfortable. Nothing pinches or hurts.

About the length: When open, the jacket almost reaches nearly the pockets of the jeans, when closed it slides up but still clearly over the belt. The length at the front is ok, in my opinion.

Now your opinion is asked. Please be critical about fit and sizing. The pictures were taken quickly with the mobile. I can create additional images upon request.

Sorry for my bad English.

Greetings
Roman

Open:
open_front.jpeg open_back.jpeg open_side.jpeg

Buttoned:
closed_front.jpeg closed1_back.jpeg
closed2_back.jpeg closed_side.jpeg

Jaymig926

New in Town
Hello all
does anyone have the Hektor in the Canneto Brown? Pulling the trigger on one but I can’t decide between the brown and the Cognac buffalo
Thanks in advance

jr30

Familiar Face
Hello all
does anyone have the Hektor in the Canneto Brown? Pulling the trigger on one but I can’t decide between the brown and the Cognac buffalo
Thanks in advance

I've never seen the Canneto Brown in real life and have no experience, but since I touched my Markos in buffalo it hasn't let me go. It is grippy, warm, the feel is very special and can hardly be described. It's this texture, the pleasant weight and the great color called "cognac" (with a slightly orange undertone). A great leather in my opinion.

Not an easy decision...

IMG_7993.jpeg
IMG_8031.jpeg

jr30

Familiar Face
I have no Memphis but can provide my body and jacket measurements of Thedi Markos (for reference).

Jacket Measurements Thedi Markos:
Back length -- 25,50
Sleeve length -- 26,25
Pit-to-pit (1/2) -- 22,75
Shoulder -- 18,75
Waist/bottom hem (1/2) -- 20,25

Body Measurements (wearing a T-Shirt and Jeans):
Size / Weight: 5'11 / 185 lbs

Back length -- 25,50
Sleeve length -- 25,75
Pit-to-pit (1/2) -- 20,50
Shoulder -- 19,00
Waist/bottom hem (1/2) -- 20,40

Fit check here!

The size of another Thedi Model can be found here.
Maybe this helps. Please keep in mind, the label sizes of Thedi Jacket are only "guidelines"....

Best regards
Roman

Last edited:

Fonzie

One Too Many
I think some of the best leather I’ve ever handled is Thedi’s Bruciato Horsehide. It’s stiff but breaks in like a treat and shows beautiful grain.

View attachment 590417 View attachment 590416 View attachment 590418

Oh and this Jacket can be found in classifieds until I come to my senses again :p
Beautiful jacket and very original design, I hope you come to your senses and keep it.
What is the zipper brand and model if you wouldn’t mind telling me?
I need to find a replacement for one of my jackets and that’s the style and size that I’m looking for.
Thanks in advance.

Kenan

A-List Customer
Beautiful jacket and very original design, I hope you come to your senses and keep it.
What is the zipper brand and model if you wouldn’t mind telling me?
I need to find a replacement for one of my jackets and that’s the style and size that I’m looking for.
Thanks in advance.
It’s a solid brass Universal zipper. No idea what size and model it is unfortunately. Maybe someone else here knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran