Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Powder Room input

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I agree, I wouldn't want any male "lewd" comments on some of our threads, but I doubt there are any men on the FL that would do such a thing. But its a good safety net for the "1-post lurkers" out there that might try.

I know my hubby (who's also on the FL, by the way) doesn't have much interest in "girl stuff" threads. (But he did reply to a thread in the main hat forum and forgot to log me out, and since we sometimes share a computer, mix ups can happen.) When my boys were small they hated to go anywhere near the ladies lingerie department in stores, they acted like 'cooties' were in there!

I think most men prefer there to be some mystery in women and reading about waxing is probably TMI!

It'll take some getting used to the new forums, but its definitely a step in the right direction! :eusa_clap

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
For the record, there are threads in the PR that will remain ladies only, lingerie threads being a prime example.

While men can see these threads, there are many PR ladies that do not feel comfortable having to deal with comments from men on 'delicate' topics.

This will continue to be the case and be enforced by PR bartenders, no matter where the Beauty and PR end up on the listings.

Ah, of course. Didn't consider that. I guess I was thinking of what an amazing bunch of gentlemen are here, that no one would even consider piping up in a thread like that, but I suppose it's better to be safe then creeped out.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ladies bear with us over the next few days while we sort, merge and just do some spring cleaning of threads in both the PR and Beauty.

LD

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Just my two cents!

Haha, I adore thinking up names for things, and as soon as I read about the ideas for subcategories in the PR, so many titles lept into my mind.... I love the aforementioned Dressing Room for clothing; then maybe the Vanity Mirror for makeup, hair, health/beauty; a Sewing Basket for sewing tips, patterns, fabrics, "Show us what you made" threads; a Kitchen Table for general discussion, stories (although I suppose we should merge most general stuff with the OB, but some discussions may still only interest us ladies!)

.... I should stop before I go crazy lol ...

Oh, and LD, thanks so much for all your work on organizing this and getting the input of all the ladies here, and for everything you've done on other threads with condensing and merging topics and information-- you're a smashing Bartender! :)

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I think change is good. I like some of the Tilte that Adelaidey came up with. It would help some of the newbies to navogate though our community.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MK said:
OK ladies. The Powder Room and Beauty forums are out of the community section.

Enjoy!
Golly, I feel so exposed!:p
Thanks so much MK, and another thank you to Lady Day as well. Your hard work is greatly appreciated:D
I do think these changes will only enhance the greatness that is the Fedora Lounge.

Kimberly

Practically Family
This is great! Thanks LD and MK for all of your help with this.

It does look strange with it being on top though. I had to look twice to make sure there wasnt' something wrong w/ my computer. ;)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Thanks for all your hard work tidying the powder room, LD! And thanks to MK for re-arranging things! :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
Hello Ladies,

For those of us who have been here for a while, Im sure you have noticed the wave of new ladies (and gents) who have come through the doors. And I say a welcome to all. :)

With this population growth, the future of the PR is being discussed. This is becoming a very large forum, and talks about braking it up have surfaced.

One idea is to have a hair and make up forum, and one for clothing.

Now, these are JUST ideas, and NOTHING has been decided. For all we know the PR may stay the way it is (which is alright too), but we'd like to hear input for you gals.

Any ideas, thoughts, concerns?

Thanks,

LD

Well, I must admit, I do feel like an intruder when I check out the postings here (not to mention a perv!). But there are just so many interesting posts, interesting people (ladies), and cool pix that it's hard to resist. Still, I may be old fashioned (a bit of heavy handed irony there) but I think it's a good odea to have a special "ladies only" section. So there you are.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Kimberly said:
With that avatar of yours you can post here anytime you want. ;)

I LOVE William Powell! :cheers1:

Heh, so do I, but perhaps not quite as enthusiastically. lol

Besides, he's got a better looking mug than me, so he makes a good avatar until I get a snap of me with my hat! But thanks - and I just posted some info on a Powell movie on TCM elsewhere.

Carry on, ladies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany