Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Praying for strength . . .

58panheadfan

One Too Many
At $3000!? Man, not even that doofus from Colombia would dare ask that much for one and he has a $1100 Brooks listed as we speak.

Ha, ha... every day a doofus will wake up! ... and the OP was just a tad before ;)

No offense at OP... as I said before... it's everyone's own thing what he is willing to spend for an original jacket with great patina, which only can evolve over decades of use.

As my user name disclose I am following original H-D market a bit... the market e.g. OP (Original Paint) Prewar-Knuckleheads & other Prewar-Bikes exploded over last few years! People on western hemisphere (e.g. in Japan a long time ago) discovered what a OP Motorcycle (not only H-D) with a great Patina (Patina = signs of usage and not rusty & crusty trash, often seen these days) is really worth! Same on leather jackets... you can copy, you can fake patina etc. but... (sorry for my reply from other post) an original is an original :)

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At $3000!? Man, not even that doofus from Colombia would dare ask that much for one and he has a $1100 Brooks listed as we speak.

It's the rule of luxury brand pricing. Price it high enough and make it seem exclusive and some muppet with more money than sense will assume its worth it.

And yeah. That guy cracks me up. I used to laugh at how he took the pics with the black background so you couldn't really even see the jacket in the pics. Plus he models them all and doesn't look like the cleanest of individuals....the fact he has worn the jacket for any length of time is enough to turn most sane people off buying it imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He'd ask for....
IMG_3010.JPG

58panheadfan

One Too Many
It's the rule of luxury brand pricing. Price it high enough and make it seem exclusive and some muppet with more money than sense will assume its worth it.

And yeah. That guy cracks me up. I used to laugh at how he took the pics with the black background so you couldn't really even see the jacket in the pics. Plus he models them all and doesn't look like the cleanest of individuals....the fact he has worn the jacket for any length of time is enough to turn most sane people off buying it imo.

Checking his Feedback he found some doofus paid $$$ for a jacket from him... (maybe fake feedbacks, who knows)?

Fonzie

One Too Many
Btw, I was just being silly with my comment.
I'm glad you're not spending $3K on a vintage Buco, not worth the price. Only would justify it if it had belonged to a leather jacket wearing icon of the era (i.e.- Brando, Dean, McQueen, Warhol or the like) for the added value of being a piece of pop culture's history, but the prices would obviously be stratospheric...
You can do better with those spare $$$.
I don't think you can do better than with your RMC J-100, that's an amazing jacket that sits on top of my wish list.
Wise choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol @ muscular mass! But yeah, Google just about any 30-something Hollywood actor of today and you'll see a photo of them wearing a Buco, Brooks, Beck, etc. at some point or another. These jackets still have to come from somewhere and I don't think the... people who dress them up have a secret stash of that stuff just lying around but instead have to search like we do. Who knows, maybe he even sold a few of his Holly grail to some stylist or the RRL stores or something.

Also, $650 Excelled listed as a J-100.

Also, my favorite thing in the whole wide world:

"In the early 50's, Joseph Buegeleisen asked his friend, Emil Reed, to make some jackets like Buco's J-100."
Rin Tanaka - A Century of Leather Design, page 99

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This forum can be a dangerous place, as many have said before me. I do not own any café racers, and for years now this has been a style that hasn't really appealed to me. That is, until I started reading this thread yesterday morning. By late afternoon I found myself searching eBay, furiously looking for the perfect J-100! I managed to go to bed last night without buying anything, and I have resisted temptation this morning as well. I don't know how long I can hold out though...
If past experience is any guide, you will see photos of me in a new J-100 in the next week or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass