Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prohibition

Story

I'll Lock Up
When Bryan Fite decided last year to invest some sweat equity in a new central air-conditioning and heating system for his St. Joseph, Mo., home, he had no idea he would reap a possible treasure in liquid gold.

The whiskey was distilled between 1912 and 1913 and bottled in 1917, according to the Daily Mail. The stash included four bottles of Hellman's Celebrated Old Crow whiskey and a few bottles of Guckenheimer, a Pennsylvania rye whiskey, and W. H. McBrayer's Cedar Brook whiskey.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...1653864.html?ncid=wsc-huffpost-cards-headline

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
New York City Deputy Police Commissioner John A. Leach, right, watching agents pour liquor into sewer following a raid during the height of prohibition.

o1009810.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
everybody stopped drinking during Prohibition.... yeah right... like everybody is going to stop smoking now because some don't like cigarette smoke... sure

prohibition-1.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
That poor soul ( keep smiling dear...) reduced to using her cane as a flask.... it was hard out there .... it still is now when it comes to cigarettes... the more things change the more they stay the same...

05760u.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21