Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putting it all together

Jovan

Suspended
I think marcello's paranoia is a bit unfounded, given looking at our join dates you can clearly see he's wrong. :rolleyes: If anything he's the one who "followed" me. And why would I follow someone if I didn't know who they were in the first place?

This was yesterday:

PeteRockaB.jpg

cruddy pic, i'm afraid, but a black/grey/cream houndstooth jacket with solid charcoal grey flannel trousers, black 50s cap-toe shoes, and a grey 50s Stetson Stratoliner. Does the mainly brown tie work with the rest? I was originally wearing a different jacket but decided at the last second to change and forgot about the tie until i was on the tube.

bk

A blue with double white pinstripes sports coat from the early 1940s i'm in the process of altering/mending substantial holes etc. forgive the pins on the base of the left cuff, i'm in the process of finishing off that arm. The right arm is my work and doesn't stand very close inspection, but it passes from a distance. The trousers are maybe not quite right to combine with this jacket? grey flannel with red overcheck. The shirt is brown and white stripe CC41. And the tie is a wool knit in a bold plaid.

BlueTweed1.jpg

Here's a close-up of the fabric at the shoulder area. Who can spot my patch? It is not unsubstantial and now i review the pic it's quite obvious, but again it passes muster. This is my most successful reweave to date.

BlueTweed2.jpg

bk

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
Here's a close-up of the fabric at the shoulder area. Who can spot my patch? It is not unsubstantial and now i review the pic it's quite obvious, but again it passes muster. This is my most successful reweave to date.

bk

BK,

You did that reweave? Good job! Just looking at the photo I didn't catch it; had to look for it after reading your comment. As you say, it passes muster. :eusa_clap

I like the coat, and the whole outfit looks good on you.

Cheers,
Tom

Baron Kurtz said:
Thanks.

I should've taken a before picture. It was a big old moth-hole, right through the fabric - maybe 1 cm long by 0.5 cm wide? Kind of kidney shaped, too. The canvas was showing. Very ugly indeed. I finally decided to do something about it.

bk

We need to see a tutorial of how you did it. Scott did it with the starching a shirt. Reweaving could really be interesting as well. :D

Regards,

J

The trick, so far as i can see it, is to get a patch exactly the size of the hole and to sew it in as unobtrusively as possible while attempting to match the weave of the original.

So, my method is somewhere between a patch and a reweave - with very very little reweaving. I guess i lied about the reweaving part.

bk

Baron Kurtz said:
The trick, so far as i can see it, is to get a patch exactly the size of the hole and to sew it in as unobtrusively as possible while attempting to match the weave of the original.

So, my method is somewhere between a patch and a reweave - with very very little reweaving. I guess i lied about the reweaving part.

bk

That can be just as useful. I wish I was adept at sewing or even ironing for that matter. It would save me a lot of money.
That reminds me that I have a meeting with the tailor tomorrow to alter a few new suits. :D

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart