Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about Aero "1930's Half Belt Slim Fit" - Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide

Lucifer

New in Town
Hey guys!

I got my first Aero jacket a few weeks back (Iron Heart/Aero Cafe Racer, FQHH, extremely happy with it so far) and already looking for my next, I guess it is like this with most extremely well made and classic clothing, at least for me.

The question I have is: Would (granted that Aero does it) this jacket look good with a lighter leather? I'm thinking a more summer-oriented weight? Or do you guys have suggestions for other brands or another jacket from Aero that will fit better for light weight summer attire?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Yes it would, I'm positive. I ordered one in russet goat awhile ago. I believe it will even be an improvement, as the slim fit doesn't go well with the heavy FQHH, restricting movement a lot. Typically these slim fitting 1930s jacket were made from lighter hides, sometimes even from nappa. I expect it to be much more comfortable and drape better while being just as tough and resilient as heavy horse, probably even more so.

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
"look better" is of course in the eye of the beholder. Aero does have plenty of mid weight horse hides that are quite beautiful too. I especially like the brown and black in mid weight. My sample seem to drape easier too. Just email Amanda and ask for some samples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy