Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about Baracuta Harrington jacket

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
The Harrington jacket has got to be the ultimate golfing jacket. It seems that the original manufacturer of such jacket is Baracuta, with its g-9 model.
Now, Baracuta has different models out there of this iconic jacket, and this confuses me. I am considering buying one in red, but I can only find slim-fit ones in that color. Also, seems like not all versions are made in England.
Does anyone know the difference between the regular version and the slim-fit one? Also, which one is more similar to the classic look of the 1960s ones, like McQueen or Sinatra used to wear?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
The Made in England models are more expensive. My G-9 was made in Romania. The original G-9 is pretty blousy by nature and I've read that the more modern slim-fit version is only slightly slimmer. The slim-fit version wasn't around when McQueen and Sinatra wore them.

I'm with you regarding the Baracuta G-9 - classic jacket.

JanSolo

Practically Family
The slim fit G-9 is just a bit slimmer than their standard pattern- it is by no means skin tight and still a very comfortable jacket.
I've read somewhere that Baracuta have done some very slight pattern adjustments on their standard fit model over the decades. Meaning a 60s G-9 was quite likely a bit trimmer cut than its modern counterpart. Todays slim fit g-9 might in fact be true to the original 60s pattern.

As others have said before the difference is noticable but not huge. No matter which one you choose it will be a great jacket!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy