Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re: Aero FQHH weights

jchosko

Familiar Face
Hi folks:

I own an Aero HG-5 in black FQHH that I bought off ebay awhile back, and am curious how i can tell whether it's the midweight or heavy weight FQHH? It is quite a bit thinner than my Vanson Enfield in the competition weight cowhide, and the leather is thinner as well than the regular 3.5 oz naked cowhide of a Fox Creek Leather jacket. I would say that it's about the same thickness as the standard Schott cowhide--perhaps slightly thinner. It is by no means thin leather, it's just not crazy-thick and heavy like some of the descriptions of the Aero FQHH I've read here. None of the Aero tags mentions anything about its weight--do they usually mark their midweight hides with a label, the way that Vanson marks their midweight "Firenze" leather? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks folks!

Cooperson

One Too Many
The labels on my two Areos are different. My mid weight Californian label just says 'Horsehide' but my heavy Highwayman reads 'Front Quarter Horsehide'.

Hope this helps.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Same here...My mid-weight Highwayman says "Made of Genuine Horsehide"; so, I guess that is how you tell the difference.

mh

Orlan

Familiar Face
I had an Aero 1930's halftbelt and its label put FQHH, and the jacket was heavy, heavy:eusa_doh:

Fiver64

Practically Family
HH weight

Quite literally, my FQHH Highwayman will stand up by itself if you poistion it correctly! The FQHH is very heavy.........you'll know it when you feel it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24