Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick Hello from a Newbie

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Hello fellow forumites. I recently discovered that I had the need for some nicer lids than the baseball caps I've been wearing, so I decided to purchase a brand spanking new Stetson Muldoon from DelMonico Hatters. Well one thing lead to another and I think I may be starting a bit of an obsession with hats. Since that initial purchase, just a little over two weeks ago, I have purchased five additional hats:

1. Stetson 4x beaver western hat (tan/camel - unknown model)
  2. Sovereign Stetson Temple fedora (black)
  3. Billy The Kidd by Stetson western hat (chocolate/brown with a super ugly feather hatband)
  4. Sovereign Stetson fedora (navy - has not arrived yet so do not know the model)
  5. Knox Premier Madison Avenue derby (black - has not arrived yet but it may actually be a fedora)

I'm hoping that I've not gotten some sort of bug but I think I may have to concede that I've been bitten. :rolleyes: Is there anyone who would like to provide a diagnosis and possible prognosis?

photogravity

One of the Regulars
^ Frunobulax, I was afraid you might say that. I'm also a frequent visitor to bike forums and that has resulted in a collection of around 45 bicycles, mostly English and mostly vintage. The majority of the aforesaid are from the mid-1940's to the early-1960's. I don't really need another obsession or hobby, but here I am nonetheless. :eeek:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
^ Frunobulax, I was afraid you might say that. I'm also a frequent visitor to bike forums and that has resulted in a collection of around 45 bicycles, mostly English and mostly vintage. The majority of the aforesaid are from the mid-1940's to the early-1960's. I don't really need another obsession or hobby, but here I am nonetheless. :eeek:

There is no escape...LOL! Nice to have you here!

excellent-4689_preview.jpg

emigran

Practically Family
It is technically referred to as FAD... Fedora Acquisition Disorder.
Unfortunately there is no known medical treatment available at this time...

Last edited:

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone. I'm learning a lot from all the fine folks here. There is a lot of great information and knowledge here on this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore