Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Re-Creasing

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Hey fellas, I do not do time off so well. Just can't seem to deal with NOT being busy.....so I decided to re-crease my two GH hats by hand. Posted links in the SBS under the thread "A very fine hat" or something like that. Check it out. Pics aren't the best quality, but thought my vintage pals here would dig it, especially Art. I did NOT turn down any back brims, of course! :)

The hats were fabulous the way they were, with the best modern felt and pounce and the fine fine fine sweat/bowwork--the height of the crowns seemed a bit high ON me and I wanted more aesthetic depth. When I originally tweaked the crown of the Black Beaver Beauty, the cavern was just too deep...so made a more pronounced bubble. Then I did the same to the Hickory beaver as well. A modern twist on a 40s crease, or at least to my demented mind.

Now the black number is the hat Marvel needs to use for a good villain hat with style! Not that dumpy Baron cheapy! :p

Happy new year! Wish everyone has a healthy and prosperous new year.

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy