Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reactions when you first start wearing brimmed hats.

Tell me what you think of the Pinnacle. I'm thinking about getting one in mink.

I have 2, black & caribou. Both have been tweaked = black got a new mid-ribbon & matching bound edge by Major Moore, caribou got thin ribboned by me.
pin2.jpg

Photo-0055.jpg

The crowns are fairly low & tapered but felt has a good hand from what you'd expect from 100% beaver. I didn't & wouldn't pay full price for one.

fmw

One Too Many
I wouldn't either. I would put that kind of money into a custom. I called Garland today to see if they had any in mink my size. No luck. I'll wait and try again later.

ortega76

Practically Family
Since I am of the senior citizen variety I guess that wearing a fedora looks natural. I have never had a negative comment but plenty of positive ones....I think the color does matter. I have a great black Bond that gets far more comments than than grays. Also people seem to notice my fawn with brown band.....Which reminds me, I don't see too many black fedoras in the Lounge photos. I think black is quite classy and don't see why they aren't more popular. Any ideas?

I wear my black porkpie quite a bit but I don't own a black fedora anymore. When I did, it seemed too. . . predatory on me.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I've got a black Manhattan, an eBay win, coming: high crown, 2 3/8" brim. When it gets here I'll put up some pictures and we'll see if I look predatory!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany