Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Really? I'm the only one who watched the Today show?

DRB

One Too Many
I live in Vermont, it takes a day for the news to get here. We call it the yesterday show.

theinterchange

One Too Many
I don't believe I've ever watched the Today Show for more than a few seconds. Matt Lauer and Al Roker's hats have been mentioned numerous times. [Roker is on that show, isn't he?]

Randy

garenb

New in Town
some screen grabs with my cell phone I took this morning when I saw it.

1022100801-00.jpg

1022100801-01.jpg

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Looks like someones knocking off Art's bow treatment, haha. And some of us have to work and can't watch TV all day, oh wait we have Bloomberg on all day. You have no idea how annoying that gets, and its no better when we switch to CNBC, ugh

carldelo

One Too Many
I saw the show this morning - Matt looked great, and even sported a bit of a Hollywood swoop on the right side of the lid. I think the flash of color on the bow was a vertical Borsalino logo, rather than a colored bit of ribbon as Art does, but I can't be sure, of course. I immediately thought of the Borsalino Anello (2-1/4" brim) or Virgilio (2" brim). He seems like a Borsa kind of guy...

Anello:
300x300_Annello-borsalina.jpg

Vergilio:
111160.jpg

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Nice hat really. Would be nice to get a better screenshot of it.

And someone should prolly send him compliments on the lid so that he'll continue wearing it. The more good hats there are in public view, the better.

carldelo

One Too Many
Doesn't suit him. Too stingy.

Actually, my wife and I both thought it looked good, in a 1960s, racing-trilby sort of way. I thought it matched the style of the suit too. He couldn't really have much more brim without obscuring the lighting and the camera angle - I wonder if he and Al have to persuade their director to let them sport their lids?

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually, my wife and I both thought it looked good, in a 1960s, racing-trilby sort of way. I thought it matched the style of the suit too. He couldn't really have much more brim without obscuring the lighting and the camera angle - I wonder if he and Al have to persuade their director to let them sport their lids?

I'll bet their director likes it, to distinguish them. The style choice of Matt is interesting. I agree with the earlier comment that the hat is too stingy and the suit too tight. Al certainly uses wider brims, which look good. But I am guessing that Matt is shooting for a "happening today" look, for better or worse, to connect with a younger crowd which prefers stingies. Or maybe he just likes the looks better. But I don't think he's got enough brim on the hat, personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass