Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Dress Shoppe Skirt

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Someone posted a message to say they were getting the 40s style skirt - well I got mine and just wondering what to wear with it! It's a very odd shape don't you think?

Sorry to start new thread, can't find the original one. :eek:

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
If it's the same one I just bought- the one that came in charcoal or olive green and is cut higher on the sides than the front and back, I am the one who ordered it. I haven't got mine yet though. I also purchased a shirt from them that looked similar to the one they had displayed with it in the "All Items" section, where there a lot more pictures. It is fitted and black. I think anything loose would look a little strange.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I am very interested in ordering the 1930s lindy dress from Red Dress Shoppe, but it looks like it might be pretty low cut. Does anyone else have it? I'd love to hear an opinion from someone who owns the dress.

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
fortworthgal said:
I am very interested in ordering the 1930s lindy dress from Red Dress Shoppe, but it looks like it might be pretty low cut. Does anyone else have it? I'd love to hear an opinion from someone who owns the dress.
It did look cute on the site, but I didn't buy it. If you look at the description, she mentions it is the shortest dress in their store now, and the woman modeling it looks short and it only hit her knees. I have a feeling on anyone taller it would look too short and loose the vintage vibe.

texasgirl

One Too Many
I was looking at that same dress, so cute. You could always wear a camisole underneath if it's too low cut. Maybe ask for more measurements?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Asking for measurements is a good thought. I'm very short at 5' with short legs, so length is usually not a problem. Knee-length on everyone else is mid-calf on me. I can actually wear most cropped-length pants as regular pants! lol

However... I am quite busty, so that concerns me a bit.

I'll see what I can find out and keep everyone posted!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Yes that's the one VargasGirl, I got the charcoal one! It is very long too! Just not used to wearing such a skirt is all. I think maybe I should have got a medium as it feels big - but it does fit comfortably - maybe it's just the style?

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
~landgirl~ said:
Yes that's the one VargasGirl, I got the charcoal one! It is very long too! Just not used to wearing such a skirt is all. I think maybe I should have got a medium as it feels big - but it does fit comfortably - maybe it's just the style?
I got the olive one with a black top. It still hasn't arrived yet, how long did it take for yours to get to you? I ordered a large, since they said it ran small and the waist measurements were for lower on the hips, and the large was like a 31' waist. That's what my waist was the day I measured, so hopefully it will fit. How long is long since we are the same height? I always have a problem with the length of things because all my height it in my legs. When i was in the show Grease I watched the video, and the scene where I am walking around in a pair of 50's pj's, I had to do a double take because I felt i was all leg and then a stump of a torso on top! :eek:

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Crikey mine got here in no time at all! I was actually really suprised how fast the shipping was. She posted on Saturday 9th and it arrived yesterday (tuesday) - 3 days international is pretty darn good!

By long, I would say middle of the calf length. I am 5'8 with an inside leg of 32 - so I think alot of my height is in my torso.

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Did you get notification of any kind when she sent it out? I didn't, and wasn't sure if I was supposed to or not. Yes, I played Marty in Grease twice, not professionally though! Once my senior year in High School, and again a few years later in community theater. I used to wear one of my costumes around as normal wear, it was an original 50's plaid tweed-like skirt and a cute little black sweater top. The skirt is now too small and I have no idea what happened to the top. Bummer.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
That's so cool!

I only knew she posted Saturday as I e-mailed Monday to ask if she had posted because I was going to add another item to my order. When did you order yours? It should reach you sooner than mine did surely?!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Has you skirt arrived yet VargasGirl?

I am wearing mine today! My bf has a half day so when he gets home I am going to ask him to take a photo as I am also wearing my vintage 'Born Too Late' cardigan and it looks so amazing together - I look fab apart from the straight hair! LOL

I have either got a big bum or the skirt is cut higher at the back!

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Mine sits higher in the back too, and I've been told I have no butt! I'm not so sure about the skirt, the material isn't what I thought it would be, and it's a little too big. According to their measurements and mine, the waist on the skirt and my natural waist measurement were exactly the same, so it should be sitting up higher instead of down on my hips. When I get home from work I'll try it on again, but it *might* be going back.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Yeah I thought the size was odd, I de-tagged mine so can't send it back, but have been wearing it today and it's quite comfy, even if a little big!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters