Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red tails trailer

Metatron

One Too Many
Neat stuff! Might be the first time the Me-262 is featured in a movie?

Flight behavior seems a bit unrealistic and creative license seems to have been taken with the markings of the German planes, but I don't mind too much as long as a solid movie is delivered. I do have a feeling that we are in for typical Hollywood melodramatics, but we'll see.

Neat stuff! Might be the first time the Me-262 is featured in a movie?

Flight behavior seems a bit unrealistic and creative license seems to have been taken with the markings of the German planes, but I don't mind too much as long as a solid movie is delivered. I do have a feeling that we are in for typical Hollywood melodramatics, but we'll see.

Agreed on the "feel" of the CGI. Maybe it's not ready yet. Maybe it will be a let down. But I like all the gear and the story. Maybe a Top Gun for the new Millennium?

442RCT

One of the Regulars
The jackets and costumes looked great. Maybe on a big screen the aerial scenes will look more 'realistic', but on a computer screen the aerial stuff looked too much like a video game. With that said, I'm still looking forward to seeing the movie in a 3D theatre :D

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
Well it is about time, I have been waiting on this film to come close enough to have a trailer for quite sometime and it looks great! Hopefully this will spark a resurgance in Army Air Corps interest, and hopefully maybe a few more films. I think itd be quite awesome if there was either a mini series or tv series that followed a bomber crew on 25 missions during the dark days of 43.

CBI

One Too Many
I think the CGI looks pretty good actually (for CGI) and the aircraft speed, maneuverability is more realistic than expected. I am comparing to the supersonic Zeros and P-40's in Pearl Harbor. Nothing beats the real deal but that is no longer an option. Funny, only 3 real aircraft were used in the film (RT).

Edward

Bartender
Agreed on the "feel" of the CGI. Maybe it's not ready yet. Maybe it will be a let down. But I like all the gear and the story. Maybe a Top Gun for the new Millennium?

I hope not! Few films I hate more than Top Gun. Seeing the Lucasfilm logo fills me with dread, but I'll give it a fair go. This is an aspect of WW2 history that deserves to be much better known, and hopefully this film will achieve that.

I hope not! Few films I hate more than Top Gun. Seeing the Lucasfilm logo fills me with dread, but I'll give it a fair go. This is an aspect of WW2 history that deserves to be much better known, and hopefully this film will achieve that.

Yeah, how sad is it that a guy with that talent, money and resources makes you worried? I take the WWII stuff seriously (for some odd reason) and after BofB and The Pacific, I like a more serious/reality based setup with the subject. That's what kinda killed Capt America for me (just a bit) as I'm not a comic guy, the war and soldiers returning from battle scenes were comical in some odd way. But enough being down. I hope it's a good watch. I'll go for the clothes alone - how manly is that?

cco23i

A-List Customer
I am talking nationwide, that's why I wish they would NOT use the damn mechanics aprons and such, because all it does is reenforce items that were barely used.

Scott

CBI

One Too Many
Lucas has wanted to make this film for 20 years. Its a film he wanted to make. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt. At least it "looks" good.

Well, people are missing out. I got into it because of my son. We do Russian. The reasons being (he began as US Army) he has spent three years learning Russian and they needed members. I like to see all the groups represented, so why not? Tons of Airborne guys so we opted to be unique. I love it. Great people, and I always learn something. Sme dorks, but mostly cool. There's another meet at Camp Roberts this fall. Should be a good one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner