Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rediscovered aerial photos

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Very cool. Thanks for posting.
I've always thought that if I were magically transmitted back to WW II, I would like to be an aerial photograph analyst. I love poring over detailed images like these.

DNO

One Too Many
Very cool. Thanks for posting.
I've always thought that if I were magically transmitted back to WW II, I would like to be an aerial photograph analyst. I love poring over detailed images like these.

I'm with you. If you have a look at the Pegasus Bridge photo you'll notice the field full of gliders farther up the photo, near the Orne River bridge. A number of them must have collided with each other on landing.

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
Excellent, glad these were saved!

There is a friend of mine who obtained from a client of his some years ago a photo album. His clients father was a reconnaisance pilot on D-Day and the album he has is full of photos of the landings from the air, you can see in the photos the landing craft going towards the beach, its amazing. He also has the pilots log book with the entries from June 6th. I'm almost certain the photos he has are unpublished photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner