Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reining Hats and Dogs

BB, how is Bodie doing by now? Are you still sleeping on the floor?

Thanks for asking, HJ. Still on the floor because of the fear of him jumping on the bed or running if he hears something in the night and bolts for the doggie door. Someone's with him every time he goes outside and up until recently he had to be lifted up and down the three steps on our deck. He's allowed to walk on leash all he wants but that's it. He's confined to the doggie play pen when no ones home. He gets his next evaluation on 04/02 and that's about the 8 week point. The vet says it'll probably be 6 mo. for a full recovery. I'm getting used to the air mattress but I'm afraid the missus is really enjoying it more than I am.

Thanks for asking, HJ. Still on the floor because of the fear of him jumping on the bed or running if he hears something in the night and bolts for the doggie door. Someone's with him every time he goes outside and up until recently he had to be lifted up and down the three steps on our deck. He's allowed to walk on leash all he wants but that's it. He's confined to the doggie play pen when no ones home. He gets his next evaluation on 04/02 and that's about the 8 week point. The vet says it'll probably be 6 mo. for a full recovery. I'm getting used to the air mattress but I'm afraid the missus is really enjoying it more than I am.
Glad to hear things are working out & Bodie is doing well. If I had to sleep on an air mattress for that length of time my back would never recover. I have a twin size mattress that was almost new & used very little by one of my kids. Whenever I camp or plan to sleep a night or two in my truck with camper shell I just throw that in there (without the box Springs). It works pretty well. My dog will sleep on her mat beside me.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Just after leaving the orthopedic surgeons office and getting his 16 staples removed. Another 5 weeks of restricted activity.

Dogs are honest about their emotions. Good to see Bodie is happy in the pic.

Congrats and best wishes for the last of the recovery. The experience at our house and at my wifes former vet clinic is that the last days of recovery are the most trying. Staying the course for dog and owner is difficult with the finish line in sight.

Enjoy the feeling of calm and contentment that comes with spending time with your beloved Bodie. I will need to go and spend time with our dogs now. Best, Eric -

Glad to hear things are working out & Bodie is doing well. If I had to sleep on an air mattress for that length of time my back would never recover. I have a twin size mattress that was almost new & used very little by one of my kids. Whenever I camp or plan to sleep a night or two in my truck with camper shell I just throw that in there (without the box Springs). It works pretty well. My dog will sleep on her mat beside me.

The air mattress has turned out to be more comfortable than I thought it would. It's a new Coleman that's about the size of a twin bed with a textured fabric on one side so the covers don't slide around on it. He gets separation anxiety so bad that when I slept in the bed I didn't get much sleep even though his pen is only a few feet away.

Congrats and best wishes for the last of the recovery. The experience at our house and at my wifes former vet clinic is that the last days of recovery are the most trying. Staying the course for dog and owner is difficult with the finish line in sight.

Thanks, Eric. What you say is so true. The vet even said " just because he looks well doesn't mean he is." It's kind of amazing though to watch how he takes care of himself and doesn't get into the precarious situations he did prior to the surgery.

Bodie is lucky he has a person that cares so much for him.

Thanks, Chuck. Coming from a true DOGMAN, I really appreciate that.

How did the evaluation go today for Bodie (& you)?

How did the evaluation go today for Bodie (& you)?

My guess, Bodie's doing great,
Greg, not so much.

Hey, guys. Thanks a bunch. Just got home from the surgeons office, about a 20 mi. drive from home. Bodie is fine and after the consultation, so am I. He can start going up and down steps on his own, all the walking he can tolerate and even light running. Next visit is in Oct. for consideration of full release.
CIMG4616.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner