Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reining Hats and Dogs

5aae06e3807e07f52e164464a8ecf54f.jpg

"Last night when we returned from our walk, Fruno's wife opened this (2 lb roll of beef dog food) to give me a treat and when she went down to do laundry I got it off the cart and ate the whole thing."
-Jenna

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Hey, Jim. At least it wasn't pork chops off of your plate. Had that happen once. May have said more than dammit.

I had a cat that tried to drag a T-bone off my plate one night (I was sitting on the floor eating off a tray table). But to beat all, I had to pull pork roast out of my rabbit's jaws one night. Damn thing was never down with the "vegetarian" concept for bunnies.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

That's how I looked after Easter Brunch (my wife still cooks for twenty even though there are only seven of us).

We had a Standard Poodle eat an entire Red Velvet cake once.
When I was about 12, my mom had made a cake for a church supper (my dad was the minister). Our poodle got up on the dining room table and took a small chunk out. Being resourceful, my sister and I patched it up with some frosting and it looked pretty good. We would have gotten away with it, but we didn't think enough to move the cake somewhere else where the dog wouldn't get it. When my mom came home, half the cake was gone. I still don't think I ever told my mom about this.:rolleyes:

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Hey, guys. Thanks a bunch. Just got home from the surgeons office, about a 20 mi. drive from home. Bodie is fine and after the consultation, so am I. He can start going up and down steps on his own, all the walking he can tolerate and even light running. Next visit is in Oct. for consideration of full release.
View attachment 112790
Glad to hear the good news Greg. Give Bodie a belly rub for me. :)

Hey, Jim. At least it wasn't pork chops off of your plate. Had that happen once. May have said more than dammit.
Funny you should mention that. Back in '83 or '84 we had a cat named Justin. One day before leaving for work we pulled a package of pork chops out of the freezer so they would thaw by the time we got home. I arrived home first to find the package torn open and one of the chops missing; clearly, Justin was the culprit. We made and executed other dinner plans, and while watching TV later that evening I noticed Justin chewing on something under the wooden stand we used at the time to hold our phone and phone books. Turned out he had eaten only about 1/4 of the chop earlier, and saved the rest for later...and it was partially "breaded" in cat litter. o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner