Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

maisie

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
I'd like a pair of the Capris in turquoise (saw a friend wearing them with a turquoise print dress--it looked smashing) or a pair of the white wedges. I have two vintage pairs of white wedges, but one pair is showing a bit of wear these days...

I think they turquoise one are really unusual, as are the pink ones, bt if i got those i think i could only wear them with a few outfits that i have, but that would then make an excuse to buy a out to go with them lol!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Very naughty~

I just blew a big ole wad of cash on three pairs of Remix shoes and none of them were on sale. But I was in need of shoes so it was time to invest in some new ones.

I'm getting these:
2003754874254925168_rs.jpg

And this pair:
2003783700690469688_rs.jpg

Oh and then this pair:
2003743255560199060_rs.jpg

Looks like I'll be eating canned tuna for the rest of the week to make for that splurge. But I am tough on shoes and only buy them once a year and really REALLY wear them out.

Miss Dottie, those shoes look great! I especially love the green with the bows. I ordered the white wedges that were on sale. This will be my first pair of Remix shoes. They were so nice on the phone and helpful with the sizing. If I like them I may just have to get some of the other styles. ;)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
does anyone know if the pumps are as comfortable as the wedges? ive got my eye on those babydoll pumps, but i have really flat feet and got a stress fracture about 5 months ago from wearing high heels, so im scared to invest in another pair!

maybe ill just buy them anyway! :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I have the babydolls, and I like them very much -- they are *very* stiff when you first get them, though. Don't be put off by that -- you'll need to wear them around for a bit to break them in, but once you've done that they'll be quite wearable. (And I say this as someone who was born with flat feet and had to wear orthopedic high-top shoes till I was six!)

maisie

Practically Family
Miss Dottie said:
I just blew a big ole wad of cash on three pairs of Remix shoes and none of them were on sale. But I was in need of shoes so it was time to invest in some new ones.

I'm getting these:
2003754874254925168_rs.jpg

And this pair:
2003783700690469688_rs.jpg

Oh and then this pair:
2003743255560199060_rs.jpg

Looks like I'll be eating canned tuna for the rest of the week to make for that splurge. But I am tough on shoes and only buy them once a year and really REALLY wear them out.

Ohh good choices! I love every pair! I have the greens one pictured, but in red (if that makes sense! lol) and I can't praise them highly enough!! And that style looks SO good in green as well!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
I have the babydolls, and I like them very much -- they are *very* stiff when you first get them, though. Don't be put off by that -- you'll need to wear them around for a bit to break them in, but once you've done that they'll be quite wearable. (And I say this as someone who was born with flat feet and had to wear orthopedic high-top shoes till I was six!)

i definitely trust your judgement then! i still have to wear custom orthopedic inserts in my shoes, and high heels do a doozy on me. but they are just too perfect for words! i think ill treat myself to them for my birthday.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Well, I just got the Remix shoes in the mail and I love them. All of them fit perfectly except for the red mary jane style, which seems to be on the small side, which is quite the bummer! So back they'll go.

But the other two--the green pair with the bow and the brown Picasso style shoe fit like a dream and I'm so excited to start wearing them out.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Another quick Remix update:

So, I wore my first pair of Remix wedges (the Picaso style, which I can't recommend highly enough) all day for 14 hours and not a single blister. They were so comfy and looked great on with my rolled dark denim jeans and Pendelton 49er plaid jacket.

And thank you Rebbeca D re: your note of their slippery soles. Before I even left the house I noticed that I was sorta "gliding" over the hardwood floors, so I went right out sanded the bottoms with a wire brush. Perfect! No slips since then!

I got my white wedges that were on sale last week.
I was ordering the 8 because the measurements matched and that is what I normally wear. Anyway, the woman taking my order asked if I normally wear a 7. When I said no, she reccomended I get the 9, so I did.
When I tried them on my foot was swimming in them! :mad: So back they went in exchange for an 8.
If anyone gets these be sure you don't let them talk you into a bigger size.

Does anyone know if all the wedges run this way? Do you wear your actual size in them? It's confusing because they tell you they run small.[huh]

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Their sizing is pretty wonky.

One of the three pairs I bought was too small even though I measured my foot and everything. Most peculiar!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
So Miss Dottie what size did you get/what size do you normally take? I am ordering two pairs (if I can get a reply from them about payment!) and I normally wear a US10, but after measuring a pair of wedges that fit me perfectly, and my foot, I have ordered an 11. But I am nervous about the fit as it will cost a bomb to send them back if they are wrong. I'd rather they were a half size too big as an insole can usually sort that right out.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pigeon toe said:
i definitely trust your judgement then! i still have to wear custom orthopedic inserts in my shoes, and high heels do a doozy on me. but they are just too perfect for words! i think ill treat myself to them for my birthday.
I have very flat feet too, and am supposed to wear orthotics in every pair of shoes, but I'm bad and never do. Any heel now is a nightmare on my feet and shins. These wedges look like they would be perfect, and they look so comfortable. I'm gonna stay away from the heels. It doesn't matter how comfortable they are, after a little while of wear, my feet and shins just hurt. As an aside, to my two flat-footed friends, this weekend I did a ton of walking all around NewYork City. I used Dr. Scholls messaging gel inserts, and they made a huge difference. I highly recommend them, especially in heels of any height.

Rosie

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I have very flat feet too, and am supposed to wear orthotics in every pair of shoes, but I'm bad and never do. Any heel now is a nightmare on my feet and shins. These wedges look like they would be perfect, and they look so comfortable. I'm gonna stay away from the heels. It doesn't matter how comfortable they are, after a little while of wear, my feet and shins just hurt. As an aside, to my two flat-footed friends, this weekend I did a ton of walking all around NewYork City. I used Dr. Scholls messaging gel inserts, and they made a huge difference. I highly recommend them, especially in heels of any height.

When I wear flats my feet and shins hurt. What's that called? [huh]

I think I want to try a pair or two of the re-mix shoes but you guys are bumming me out with the weird sizing :( . I'm notoriously bad at returning mail order items. I still have about three boxes of stuff I purchased earlier this summer that still hasn't been sent out. :rolleyes: I know, I'm terrible.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rosie said:
When I wear flats my feet and shins hurt. What's that called? [huh]

I think I want to try a pair or two of the re-mix shoes but you guys are bumming me out with the weird sizing :( . I'm notoriously bad at returning mail order items. I still have about three boxes of stuff I purchased earlier this summer that still hasn't been sent out. :rolleyes: I know, I'm terrible.
I don't know what that's called. I know my feet feel best when I wear a small thick heel. For some reason that feels better than having my feet flat on the ground.

I am notoriously bad at returning things too! I don't know why, I just never return things, and end up selling un-wanted items on ebay about a year later! I still have shoes that I bought 6 months ago, still in the box, never worn! Too many things like that taking up valuable space.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
So Miss Dottie what size did you get/what size do you normally take? I am ordering two pairs (if I can get a reply from them about payment!) and I normally wear a US10, but after measuring a pair of wedges that fit me perfectly, and my foot, I have ordered an 11. But I am nervous about the fit as it will cost a bomb to send them back if they are wrong. I'd rather they were a half size too big as an insole can usually sort that right out.

Well, Fluer De Guerre--I usually wear a size 10 and I measured my foot which was 9 5/6. According to their sizing chart that put me right in the size 10 arena.

The only ones that didn't fit were the red Mary Janes (style 106) and I think that might have to do with the strap--perhaps shoes that have a strap over the arch might need to be ordered bigger. So if you are ordering the Briarcliff, The Greta, or the open toe strap wedge, you might possibly be OK with going up a size. But, please note, this is just my theory.

I think you'll be fine with the size 11. I know--it's very scary business. But the best part is the shoes really do look great on!

Good luck and let us know how they fit on you!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
It's funny how sizes differ! We are both a 10 yet your foot measures 9 5/6 and mine measures 10 1/4 which is exactly their size 11! It's not like they come any bigger anyway and insoles can make a shoe slightly smaller so I'm sure they will be ok!

Thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted!

Caledonia

Practically Family
Yes, and just remember the insoles. Example - just got a pair of 30s/40s Florsheims (not Remix) today. They are about 1.5 sizes too big. But I am not giving them up. So 2.5 insoles later in each shoe and a new hole in the straps - perfect fit! This is dedication to the cause. :D

Caledonia said:
Yes, and just remember the insoles. Example - just got a pair of 30s/40s Florsheims (not Remix) today. They are about 1.5 sizes too big. But I am not giving them up. So 2.5 insoles later in each shoe and a new hole in the straps - perfect fit! This is dedication to the cause. :D

I can relate. My recent vintage shoes were the right size but a bit narrow. There will be no stopping me from wearing them. What's having your toes feel like they are in a corset for a few hrs??lol

maisie

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I can relate. My recent vintage shoes were the right size but a bit narrow. There will be no stopping me from wearing them. What's having your toes feel like they are in a corset for a few hrs??lol

I wouldn't recommend wearing shoes that are too small/narrow as i have seen too many pairs of gorgeous shoes ruined that way:( . There was a pair of lovely red 40s leather shoes on ebay, they were a size 7.5 but the person who wore them was an 8 and they had split both shoes on both sides then had them stiched up, sadly no one even bid on them for $8.00.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner