Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just saw Iron Man 3 last night. Tony Stark (when he's suppossed to be undercover) is wearing what has to be a Mister Freedom calico scarf, a chin strap plaid shirt and a red plaid wool vest. I can't find any screen shots online but it all looked pretty cool.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Levis (but not LVC) Type 1 repro.
IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was told the dutch headquater of LVC europe would often sell some sample garments. I don't know if this makes them more rare/ collectable or if they might have small mistakes or cheaper fabrics.
The one you got looks very cool, BK. Greats fabrics and details.

I found one example of this fabric in the google image search, but it had the label you describe. Maybe this could be a prototype label? I don't know enough about the Sunset range to talk intelligently about the labels. When did they first start making them? this one is from 2010, according to the label above. Other than the label, it seems pretty close to the finished 2-pocket 1920's Sunset shirt, and certainly seems very close in fabric quality and construction quality to the ones in the LVC store.

It does not have any of the normal Levi's labels in the side seams, just one other label (bearing spare buttons) saying:

"Sample Garment Shows the Style and Fabric Only. May Not Necessarily Meet L.S. & Co. First Quality Standard"

Last edited:
Yes, I couldn't believe it. It took me a while, actually, to remember that Sunset was the LVC brand (the lack of Levi's on the label probably threw me), and I rushed back to the rack to snag it.

Looks like it wasn't supposed to go on the rack until tomorrow, too! Such luck. Walthamstow charity shops have been good to me.

Flat-Top, does the label on yours have the L.S. & Co. under "Sunset"? I see some others on Google Images that, like mine, don't have levis under Sunset on the label, so maybe this was an early type of label? 2010 does seem to have been the year they introduced Sunset shirts to the LVC range.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara