Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Requesting assistance in the details of my first Art Fawcett

MattJH

One Too Many
kaosharper1 said:
I also don't know how you can stop at one.

Monetary responsibility is the only reason. My debt and preparing for finally reaching financial stability after years of stupid mistakes takes higher priority than a hat. Even a really really really really really great hat. :)

kaosharper1

One Too Many
MattJH said:
Monetary responsibility is the only reason. My debt and preparing for finally reaching financial stability after years of stupid mistakes takes higher priority than a hat. Even a really really really really really great hat. :)

Yes. There's always that. We must hat responsibly.;)

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
I counld not agree more.....always protect the hat!!!!!!! Laptop can be replaced, but a one of a kind Art Fawcett????? It is all about priorities!!

MattJH

One Too Many
MattJH said:
To be blunt, when I first started participating here, I couldn't fathom any justifiable reason why anybody would ever pay $300 for a hat. I still feel this way about production hats, regardless of quality, but for a custom hat? I get it. I totally get it.

I just wanted to take a moment to express my continued satisfaction with this hat. I've worn it almost every day since I received it. It has been rained on several times and was even inadvertently crushed at the bottom of a public closet at a bar / club I was at, and it's no worse for wear at all. Take my word -- the lightweight felt Art uses is extremely durable! This was a concern of mine initially, but no longer. It really is something else. You don't know what a perfect fit is until you've had a hat custom-made for your skull. I just sold a Dobbs 20 on eBay and will likely be putting my MacLachlan up soon. I never wear either one, and both could be used for a VS #2. I don't know why I said it'd be my last Art; a standard weight has to be in my future!

Jabos

A-List Customer
MattJH said:
I just wanted to take a moment to express my continued satisfaction with this hat. I've worn it almost every day since I received it. It has been rained on several times and was even inadvertently crushed at the bottom of a public closet at a bar / club I was at, and it's no worse for wear at all. Take my word -- the lightweight felt Art uses is extremely durable! This was a concern of mine initially, but no longer. It really is something else. You don't know what a perfect fit is until you've had a hat custom-made for your skull. I just sold a Dobbs 20 on eBay and will likely be putting my MacLachlan up soon. I never wear either one, and both could be used for a VS #2. I don't know why I said it'd be my last Art; a standard weight has to be in my future!
Addictive, isn't it? I just put in my order for Number Two. You start immediately thinking about all the possible hats you could have Art make and then its all over.

MattJH

One Too Many
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've posted here, and I've changed webhosts since, so a lot of my old image links are broken. I'm just updating the three threads that reflect my remaining three hats (VS, grey Fed IV, brown Fed IV) with images of them now, for reference material.

Type: Custom Vintage Silhouette by Art Fawcett
Purpose: I wanted a casual, spring/summer lightweight everyday hat that would work w/t-shirts, shorts, jeans, etc. w/orange included somewhere in it
Felt: Natural
Type: Lightweight, unlined
Crown: 5 3/8" / Open and dry-creased
Brim: 2 1/2" w/ underwelt
Ribbon: 1"

vs-collage-01.jpg

vs-collage-02.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member