Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RIP: GERALD FORD

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
He Had The Right Stuff.

h24-2b.gif

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
warbird said:
He was the longest lived president, passed Reagan a few months ago.

Ford
Reagan
Adams, who lived to 90, which in the late 18th and early 19th century was an amazing thing in and of itself.

Ford
Reagan
Adams
Hoover (90 also)
Truman (88)

RIP Mr. President

I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with the man on a couple of occasions, a wonderful gentleman to the end. He often offered to speak for free at Boy Scout fund raising breakfasts, and since I am an Eagle Scout (like Mr. Ford) and was an adult Scout leader in Colorado while he lived in Beaver Creek, I had the opportunity to speak with him around the table about his philosophy on life and what we need to instill in our children. His wisdom is something that I have taken to heart in raising my own two.

By the way...Solid and strong handshake into in 80's when I last attended one of these breakfasts.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those of us of a certain age remember President Ford taking a spill on the steps of Air Force One, and that spawned the parodies. Years later I read that he had had a "trick knee" from his football days, and if he hadn't been is such fine shape, that fall could have seriously injured or even killed him. Instead, he rolled with it and got back on his feet with aplomb.

I read Chevy Chase's rememberance of Ford today, Chase ended up having a lot of admiration for the former President.

Link here: http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...20_RTRUKOC_0_US-FORD-CHEVY.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

R.I.P. Mr. President.

Hondo

One Too Many
Dixon Cannon said:
Yes! There are some great pix of Ford and his son Jack, who arranged the meeting, yucking it up with George Harrison and Ravi Shankar in the Oval Office. If memory serves me, a afro-d Billy Preston was there too!

-dixon cannon

And I have one :) It must have been pretty cool :eusa_clap

ford.jpg

Hondo

One Too Many
Its Linda Day George, she was married to the late Christopher George from the Rat Patrol:) Linda also appeared in the TV show Mission Impossible ;)

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hondo said:
And I have one :) It must have been pretty cool :eusa_clap

ford.jpg

Hondo, that is GREAT!! Wouldn't you just love to know who Harrison is impersonating - Nixon maybe!!? You know who else was there?....Tom Scott, the great jazz sax man!

-dixon cannon

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hondo said:
Its Linda Day George, she was married to the late Christopher George from the Rat Patrol:) Linda also appeared in the TV show Mission Impossible ;)

It is indeed!

Now, behind Ford is a singer.... From The Lawrence Welk troup?

Later: Yes - Ken Delo.

300px-Broadway140.jpg
ken_delo.jpg

Later still: Hmmm.... not sure now.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
GREAT PICS

Thanks to all FL members that posted all those classy pics of Pres. Ford. :eusa_clap

SC :D

PS Hey Scotrace "KEN DELO" :eek: dust off your powder blue leisure suit, white belt & loafers prepare for a Bobby & Sissy dance routine with an Arthur Duncun tap chaser. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany