Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rockabilly anyone??

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
We were at a car show yesterday, we saw Nick Curan play, he is more jump blues than rockabilly but still an excellent show. Also Brian Setzer who lives here now with his wife (she is from here) showed up in his own hot rod. I felt bad for him though as he was mobbed by a bunch of fans it did not appear that he could walk around and enjoy the car show. I wish people would lay off and give the guy a break then maybe he would come to more things and they might actually get a real chance to rub elbows with him.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Land-O-LakesGal said:
We were at a car show yesterday, we saw Nick Curan play, he is more jump blues than rockabilly but still an excellent show.
WOW, thanks for the name-drop, hadn't heard of him before, searched youtube; Great Stuff, gotta get a CD...

- CH

KnoxvilleRoxie

New in Town
Rockabilly

kmike1918 said:
Anyone into Rockabilly? What are your favorite bands, fashions etc.

I'm a Rockabilly ALL DAY EVERYDAY,
Great new bands are
The Caezars - signed by WILD, Album just Released.
Knoxville - Signed by Rumble Records - 45 Realeased.
Jessie and the Orbits (Rumble Records " ")

I love The Rev's and the Revelutionairs Live if you ever get the change to see them.
I saw 49 Special at the Hot Rod Hayrid and they were fantastic!
Also anything by WILD records, Luis and the Wildfires, Omar, Santos, Chuey, and so on.

Go Getters and Smokestack are also brilliant!!

Oh stop me I'll never shut up!

KnoxvilleRoxie

New in Town
Dragtones on Tour?

Touchofevil said:
Have been in to Rockabilly and Psychobilly for the past twenty years. It started with the Reverend Horton Heat and grew from there.

In the same vein, I would recommend catching, if you can, a Big Sandy & His Fly Rite Boys live. A phenomenal show every time no matter how big or small the crowd/venue.

Agreed! I hear the Dragtones may be going on Tour with Reverend net year?
I'll keep ya posted!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KnoxvilleRoxie said:
I'm a Rockabilly ALL DAY EVERYDAY,
Great new bands are
The Caezars - signed by WILD, Album just Released.
Knoxville - Signed by Rumble Records - 45 Realeased.
Jessie and the Orbits (Rumble Records " ")

I love The Rev's and the Revelutionairs Live if you ever get the change to see them.
I saw 49 Special at the Hot Rod Hayrid and they were fantastic!
Also anything by WILD records, Luis and the Wildfires, Omar, Santos, Chuey, and so on.

Go Getters and Smokestack are also brilliant!!

Oh stop me I'll never shut up!
The Ceazars CD is out?? I gotta get that!

flat-top

KnoxvilleRoxie said:
message them on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Caezars/296230015961

they can sort one out, do you have a 45 yet?
They were on BBC Radio 2 the other night with Mark Lamarr, you can download it somewhere I think if you haven't heard it yet.
see if I can find out if you don't know.
Gah! I'm not on Facebook! It doesn't appear to be on sale anywhere online at the moment either!

KnoxvilleRoxie

New in Town
CD

Miss sofia said:
Oh thanks for the heads up Miss Knoxville, they were rockin' on R2 the other night, i'm gonna get me a copy now. Oh and a warm welcome! x

No worries!! Glad ya like them! THEY ARE AN AWESOME BAND!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hurrah something new to look forward to listening too when the post-Christmas blues kick in! Is anybody going to the R.riot in November? Would be good to hook up with some fellow loungers and have a light ale or two!

flat-top

Miss sofia said:
Hurrah something new to look forward to listening too when the post-Christmas blues kick in! Is anybody going to the R.riot in November? Would be good to hook up with some fellow loungers and have a light ale or two!
I've never boon to the Rhythm Riot (or out of the US for that matter), but it always seems like the BEST time!
I'm a fan of his guy and he's playing:
[YOUTUBE]fz2kgZqjvxE[/YOUTUBE]

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Computer is playing up so i couldn't see aaaargh, but i'm very excited, (Sonny Burgess amongst others, ooh) i'm living off bread and water at the moment as the shopping is to die for! And i have a date too, which will be interesting;) .

KnoxvilleRoxie

New in Town
R.Riot

Miss sofia said:

Hey! A fellow Riot-er I go every year although it helps as I get in free as my fella is a DJ there!
You ever done the rave?
Good line up next year - he even has the Rythm Shakes!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I missed out on last year. Back with a vengeance this year. Good to meet a fellow rioter though. Actually i only live ten minutes down the road so i have no excuse for not turning up this time. Who is the lucky fella? Will definately come find you and buy you a drink lady! x

nightandthecity

Practically Family
For my money the best band to come out of the UK for a long time....

http://www.myspace.com/thedelrioramblers

http://www.raucousrecords.com/rockabilly-cds_21/go-away-hound-dog-cd_11881.aspx

Their sound is so authentic it’s fooled a lot of people into thinking they were listening to original recordings from the late 40s/early 50s.

To echo Chas’s point - strictly speaking this isn’t “rockabilly” of course but “Hillbilly” - Country music c.1945-55, on the cusp of spawning rockabilly (for me “rockabilly” means the stripped-down form of this music - no steel no fiddle - popularized by Elvis, Carl Perkins etc from the mid 50s)

flat-top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner