Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rolled brim - what can be done?

Fortino37

Familiar Face
Brim redueced

tonyb said:
Good to see Fortino37 back with us. Now THERE's a hat guy. Really knows his stuff. Looks like that Stetson (former) homburg got its brim reduced some, eh Fortino?

In this case had to cut 1/4 of the brim because I found several dark spots all arround the brim behind the rim ribbon

Fortino37

Familiar Face
Bsim stitches holes

rrog said:
Nice hat. Very nice. But what did you do with the stitching holes?

Rick

To erase the holes I used a very soft sand paper all arround the brim edge, in both sides, following the way the fur was finished, counter clockwise on the top and clockwise on the bottom, you have to do it trying to avoid decolorations on the felt.

The same I do with this Dobbs Homburg that I decide to convert in a fedora and found a great Indiana Jones look. This brim already ironed was 2 5/8 long. The original ribbon was too wide so I replaced it for a new one 1 1/2in (50%cotton, 50%rayon).

To erase the stitches holes I used sandpaper, hot water and a brush. As you can see the holes where gone.

Fortino

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80