Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rustic shadow box

freebird

Practically Family
Had a brainstorm this weekend, and made my own shadow box from an old Pepsi crate. I removed two boards, which made 6 fairly large places for my shaving mugs. I think it worked out OK.

smokestand018.jpg

freebird

Practically Family
rikrdo said:
Top Notch, I say !
Good job Bird.............I hope to see this elsewhere ;)

Thanks all, I figured there had to be SOME use for these old pop crates.

rikrdo, you probably will see it on a few other sites. lol

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Here's a shaddowbox that I made from a printer's cabinet drawer. When I bought it, it was black with years of printer's ink. I took it to the car wash and high-pressure sprayed it until its wood began to show. I let it dry and then coated it with linseed oil to bring out its character.

Its sections are just right to display some of my old pocket knives (including my cub scout knife), old campaign buttons, fossils, bullets, some of my grandfather's lures, my Eagle Scout square knot, coins and a host of other small things I've picked up over the years.

summergarden.jpg

freebird

Practically Family
Atticus Finch said:
Here's a shaddowbox that I made from a printer's cabinet drawer. When I bought it, it was black with years of printer's ink. I took it to the car wash and high-pressure sprayed it until its wood began to show. I let it dry and then coated it with linseed oil to bring out its character.

Its sections are just right to display some of my old pocket knives (including my cub scout knife), old campaign buttons, fossils, bullets, some of my grandfather's lures, my Eagle Scout square knot, coins and a host of other small things I've picked up over the years.

summergarden.jpg

That's cool. I'd like to find something like that as working in a print shop was my vocation until the company went under, and the Dr recommended disability. I worked in a screen print shop, but had the old offset machines, which we used to print serial numbers and also some older machines for die-cutting. Wish I'd made a few pics of the machines before they closed us down.

D

DeaconKC

Well done to both you gentlemen! Very handsome additions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner