Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S. Spielberg leather jacket

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Wested Leather? I understand that Mr Spielberg has had a few jackets made by them. I have certainly seen him wear a size appropriate version of the Last Crusade jacket.

Parkpiper

New in Town
What time frame was the interview from? I am sure I have seen discussions before about one of the origianal Indiana Jones jackets and how Spielberg had one made/given to him at the time of Raiders. If it was more recent I haven't seen the interview. Try searching the forum Club Obi Wan, there are quite a few Indiana Jones jacket experts over there.

Good luck,
Adam

normanf

One of the Regulars
My guess is its the same jacket given to Harrison Ford in making the Indy Jones films. My custom jacket has slanted flap button over zippered pockets . Not the movie jacket but good enough to be an adventure jacket.

pjstrass

One of the Regulars
Spielberg jacket

Actually it does look like it. The BIO TV show just showed a head shot like that....you are probably right now that I look at it. I was thinking it was an A2 but certainly could have been a head shot of him wearing some version of the Indy jacket....tho that seems kind of lame to me. Thanks.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That photo is not an Indy jacket - there are no epaulettes on an Indy. It's some kind of generic flying jacket, I imagine.

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Yeah, the epulates are the sign that the jacket pictured is not an Indy style. I have seen Speilberg in a few leather jackets before including Indy and A2 based styles.

PoohBang

Suspended
If I remember from my memory, SS always wore one of those over sized, distressed, Avirex Type Mall A2 type jackets. Mostly a dime a dozen on ebay or your local thrift store.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
PoohBang said:
If I remember from my memory, SS always wore one of those over sized, distressed, Avirex Type Mall A2 type jackets. Mostly a dime a dozen on ebay or your local thrift store.

Your memory of your memory may be mistaken... Mr S's taste is pretty bad, it's true, but he usually wears expensive brand name crap like Armani.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn