Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saw someone wearing a peacoat today and I want it...but I have no idea who makes it.

JLStorm

Practically Family
So I saw an older gentleman wearing a peacoat today who came to ask me about my dog and we were talking for a while, but I felt a bit weird asking him where he got his coat, it just wasnt that type of conversation.

Anyway, I know its not an issue peacoat because the lapels and collar were extremely thick, not wide mind you, but thick and luxurious from front to back with very detailed stitching. Other than that, it looked like the style of a typical peacoat.

I could tell that it was not custom made. Any idea who makes something like this?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Seems this one's not getting much response.

I don't mean to be snarky - and I would help you if I could - but you missed the opportunity to get the answer you're now seeking here. You had someone standing right in front of you wearing what you want. The jacket probably had a label inside displaying who made it. I would not have hesitated to compliment the guy on his good taste and ask him to share the info.

Last edited:

JLStorm

Practically Family
Ya I know, but this was a much older gentleman and didnt seem like the type to talk clothes if you know what I mean. I think if I asked him who made his jacket he would have looked at me is if I had a weird disease and walked away.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Mmmm . . . . I can understand your reticence, but I doubt the guy would have been offended. Bemused, maybe. If you see him again, just go for it. Tell him there are hundreds of people around the world just waiting for his answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany