Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott CHP horse

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I've seen one of these on EBay. I just got an email from Schott saying its a new release. Limited to 50 jackets, Horween Horse.I really like it. Nice and simple, looks great. I wish they released their Black Stallion in this hide instead of that rancid plastic colour. Whilst I do think it's a lovely jacket, there's no way it's worth $1300... Give me the J106, Lost Worlds, or a trusty Langlitz for $1300. The Schott jackets are quite nice, they have priced themselves out of the market for mine. They should be on par with Vanson, not the next level...anyway, a very nice jacket.
image.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
I agree, I've seen them online also, beautiful jacket, and maybe a small premium over Vanson but this seems too high for Schott. Not knocking them, they make some nice jackets but even with an uncharge for the Horween I don't see this at $1300. With only 50 made, I assume they will sell them all.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree- not worth $1300 as nice as they may be.
I would go Lost Worlds or Aero or Langlitz too!!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I actually really Schott jackets. I've owned a few, and it was a gateway into the fedora lounge money pit. I just think for $100 less, I would go a j-106 from Thurston, or a nice Columbia with a few extras from Langlitz. It's a nice bit of leather all the same.

I agree, I've seen them online also, beautiful jacket, and maybe a small premium over Vanson but this seems too high for Schott. Not knocking them, they make some nice jackets but even with an uncharge for the Horween I don't see this at $1300. With only 50 made, I assume they will sell them all.

Yep..much too high of a price, especially since they are not custom made to measure.
HD

I know that I'll be in the minority here, but I don't see why Schott shouldn't price their jackets as much as the other manufacturers, if the quality of craftsmanship and materials even, in this particular case, is on the same level? Custom made or not, I think this jacket is worth it, as much as any other, and I bet you it's actually a lot more functional as a moto jacket than any other repro on the market.

...now, whether or not is any jacket worth the price tag of $1300 is whole different issue altogether.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know. I don't think a mass produced jacket should cost as much as one that is custom made if they are of similar quality.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Yeah..why pay as much for an off the rack as a fitted. I don't get it...

I think they are banking on the exclusivity of the 50 jackets! But, I'm with you, if I spend that much money, I want to know that I will never run into some one else wearing my jacket!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Keep in mind the auction is OBO. I think
$1,000-$1,100 is where it's at given its exclusivity and comparing it to other Schott prices.

Damo

A-List Customer
Yes, we had this discussion before about the same jacket in brown. I'm really into this style but 2 things that have kept me from buying it is;

1. $1300 U.S. = $1700 cdn

2. I got a size chart and it wouldn't fit me well. For me I can't justify spending $1300 U.S. even on a custom jacket that would fit me so to spend that type of coin on a jacket that would need to be tailored is totally out of the question.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Popped back over to the lounge to see if anyone had started a post on this jacket yet haha.

Easily the nicest jacket I've seen from Schott to date with regard to materials and styling. That being said, I don't understand why they insist on leaving the bi swing back gussets out of these "motorcycle jackets." If this was a CHPS jacket it would surely have them for mobility. As someone who does a lot of riding I would have a tough time dealing with any jacket missing that feature. Wouldn't hurt to have a more legitimate liner in there either.

That being said, this #8 horween leather is my favorite leather. If they could only release a functional version...or any other version of their jackets with this leather honestly

If this was a CHPS jacket it would surely have them for mobility.

Hmm... Not necessarily, no.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-40s...cycle-Jacket-Size-46-/371449686090?rmvSB=true
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cal...ld-CHP-VERY-NICE-USA-/391286603824?rmvSB=true

To be honest, I believe I've seen more CHP jackets without any kind of action back or shoulder gussets, than with this feature. That's why many of these jackets have really wide shoulders and a lot of upper back room. I don't know if Schott ever did any work for the police, but this jacket looks just about right. Maybe a bit on the slim fit side, perhaps...

Popped back over to the lounge to see if anyone had started a post on this jacket yet haha.

Easily the nicest jacket I've seen from Schott to date with regard to materials and styling. That being said, I don't understand why they insist on leaving the bi swing back gussets out of these "motorcycle jackets." If this was a CHPS jacket it would surely have them for mobility. As someone who does a lot of riding I would have a tough time dealing with any jacket missing that feature. Wouldn't hurt to have a more legitimate liner in there either.

That being said, this #8 horween leather is my favorite leather. If they could only release a functional version...or any other version of their jackets with this leather honestly

I agree. I also do quite a bit of riding as well. A bi-swing makes a big difference even if only the smaller gusset style at the shoulders. I don't know what CHPS jackets actually had, but I've ridden with non bi-swing backs once or twice and they are too restrictive for my riding style for sure. I'll take the comfort especially when spending top dollar.
HD

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Yep, got to have at least gussets. It's a lovely looking jacket, would look awesome with a detach fur collar too. Having said that, if you lined up a j-106, a Columbia and a LW D pocket, and gave me a choice...well, I don't think it would fare too well. It's interesting to note, that the Schott CHP is more expensive than all of the above.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Yep, got to have at least gussets. It's a lovely looking jacket, would look awesome with a detach fur collar too. Having said that, if you lined up a j-106, a Columbia and a LW D pocket, and gave me a choice...well, I don't think it would fare too well. It's interesting to note, that the Schott CHP is more expensive than all of the above.

Exactly, although I think as a "Limited Edition" they will probably sell them all easily. Keep in mind that Schott sells through a dealer network, so they don't need to move too many direct to consumer, just pressure some of their larger dealers to grab one. I will say that I do like the design, and it's a step back in the right direction for a company with a great history but not a lot of interesting "new" designs lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran