Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott half belt leather jackets

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Hello gentlemen,

I am looking for a casual leather jacket "Aero 50's half belt style" and i read that Schott made these jackets in the past :

- the 681 (from 1994 to 1997)
- the 546 (from 1997 to 1999)

Unfortunately, these models are no longer available by Schott, only the 135 exist minus the buckles on each side back, which in my opinion gave more style to the jacket :

http://www.schottnyc.com/products/lifestyle/street/casual-weekend-pebbled-cowhide-leather.htm

Does the 681 / 546 / 135 really worth it ?

How's the sizing ?

Cheers,

F68

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
No i'am not looking for an Aero 50's HB, i'am looking for a Schott jacket in the same style but at a different price.
Cheers,
F68

Metatron

One Too Many
He said ''Unfortunately, these models are no longer available by Schott, only the 135 exist minus the buckles on each side back,''

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Yes that's it ! (thanks Metatron) but maybe my request isn't so clear...
If there's some owners of a Schott 681/ 546, their advice is welcome.
Cheers,
F68

Forrest

Familiar Face
I had always wished Schott made a simple half belt design. The casual style jacket they offer just doesn't look right to me. I don't like the multi-piece back and it looks a tad long.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That really is a nice one.
2729992_orig.jpg

3137228_orig.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Schott made some great little half-belts for the Japanese market. I'd also like to see a Schott half-belt as part of their range. They currently have a 662 which is a half-belt and a bit nicer (and cheaper) than the orange one posted above. It has a western look but it's not entirely my thing. Surely they could do a 1940's style.

robrinay

One Too Many
Try searching or browsing worldwide for vintage jackets on eBay. I was lucky enough to pick up a near mint condition Windward 50's steerhide halfbelt on New Years Eve for a mere £80.00 it was listed as a buy it now or best offer, owing to a winner not paying after it had been auctioned - their loss my gain! If you do a bit of research first on the styles offered by various makers and include the name in a 'description search' you may eventually turn one up in the right size - they do tend to come in quite small sizes - I guess men were made smaller in those days - a more restricted diet in childhood perhaps?

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Thanks guys, many advices but i was looking for some opinions about the Schott 681 / 546.
Cheers,
F68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo