Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Vintage 585

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
Anyone see one of these and get a chance to feel the leather? From the reviews on Schott's website it seems like a nice jacket, but I want to know how heavy the hide is after it's been pre-aged.

My experience with Schott has been my 141, that I love. If it's as heavy as the leather on that model, it's a winner (imo).

narwhale

New in Town
That's funny, I actually just had one of these on backorder for a couple of weeks before I canceled. I decided I would be happier if I saved up for an Aero. I was worried about the aging and wasn't in love with the elbow patches either. In my research I'm pretty sure I found a post on here by someone who actually owned one; do a search for threads with Schott in the title. Sorry I couldn't give you some hands on impressions :) .

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
This question was asked on the Schott forum, perhaps it is the same poster?

I actually saw this jacket for sale at Lebanon Cycles in NJ for mid-300's two years ago. They had a few 141's and 141's with the Captain America stripes for the same price. I should have bought one when I had the chance although I think the 141 is a bit too baggy for a proper moto-jacket.

The 585 has a unique vintage finish. I recall it was kinda crinkly in appearance. Why not just order one and return it if it is not to your satisfaction? I did that with the 689H I own... actually I ordered a 42 and 44 to try on different sizes and returned the 44 to the vendor. All it costs is the price of shipping.

South

One of the Regulars
I had one and returned it. The leather in the sleeves felt thin to me. The leather also felt "dry". I do have a 184SM and it doesn't feel like this.

For the price of a Schott, I decided to go with some better makers. I do like the style, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy