Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Secret Weapons

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Heels.... I always feel powerful and sexy in heels. I'm in them all the time.

Also I wear sexy undies and let a little show. Not sleezy (or at least I don't think its sleezy). I unbutton tops to the "firing line" or have slits that show some gams. Hubby laughts cuz he says he noticed when I sit I always hike up my skirt to show a good amount of leg.

hehe.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Gosh, I wish I could join your red nailed, awesome feet club. My feet are HIDEOUS. They are big, my toes are knobbly, my toe nails are disgusting and grow funny after years of picking (as a nail biter of years when I was younger, I used to peel off my toenails too, though I did NOT eat them - gross!) They are ridgey and cuticle-y, which I can disguise with polish, but I don't as I don't feel like it would make them any nicer. My heels, balls and edges of my feet are all thick with rough skin. I'm going to try Brooksie's tips and maybe go for a pedicure if that will help the grossness.

I also don't have any nice matching underwear as you can't get it in my size.

My secret weapon is also eyeliner. I never leave the house without a perfect sweep of liquid liner and mascara. People always ask me how I get it so perfect...10 years of applying it every day will do that!

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
pigeon toe said:
Red toenails too! I make my boyfriend give me foot rubs all the time, so I figure my feet better look nice for him.

I saw one of you gals write about buffing away callouses. I wear custom orthotics in my shoes made of plastic, and they are pretty worn out, so parts of my feet rub against the plastic and/or my shoe in a way that makes heinous callouses. Do you recommend pumice stones for this sort of thing?

Brooksie is spot on .. I keep a stone in the shower and the last thing I do, after my feet have soaked a good 10 minutes while doing my routine, I use the stone on my heels etc. I was a sneaker, kitchen clog gal for years and really didn't give my feet the attention they deserved, so the first few bufferings were intense, but once you smooth everything out, maintaining it in the shower is a piece o' cake. The keys for me are soaked feet and a somewhat dry stone.

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
I have horrible memories of pumice stoning my legs when I was younger - all for naught. ::shudder::

But as far as the topic at hand, I swear by diamancel foot buffers and use one of OPI's Pedicure soak/soften/scrubs beforehand.

I also like having a polished set ot toes (especially in the winter - it is a great pick-me-up). Usually but not always red. Finding the perfect apricot to match a pair of pants, etc. I collect nail colors much the way I collect lipstick. I like to have natural/clear colors on my fingers, though because I can never keep up a manicure as long.

When I am feeling down, red lips cheer me up.

Kim B - your comment intrigues me but I'll leave it alone. :)

GirlAnachronism

New in Town
My no. 1 secret: Bloomers. As silly as it sounds, I lovelovelove my bloomers. I have three pairs and plan to expand my collection as soon as possible.

Also, having both my toenails and fingernails painted always makes me feel somewhat glamorous. <3

Kim_B

Practically Family
Pina Bridgette said:
Kim B - your comment intrigues me but I'll leave it alone. :)

All I have to say is, never under estimate the power of (tasteful) cleavage...and a good bra ;)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i didn't think i had a "secret weapon"... until i sat down with a new pair of tweezers and plucked the heck out of my eyebrows today! they are now thinner than i've had them in a few years, and i feel like i look younger, less tired, and totally hott!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
It's true ShooShoo eyebrows play a huge role in how you look, I find I feel cuter and more polished after I've stepped out of the salon with newly groomed brows, they really do open up your face, and make you look younger:D
Speaking of which, I should make an appointment, thanks for the reminderlol

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
OK I just painted my grotty toes with red polish, and they look (and I feel!) about a million percent better! OK my feet are still gross, and I attacked them with moisturiser and am going to get a pumice asap, but having pretty toenails has made so much difference to the overall look!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
CanadaDoll said:
It's true ShooShoo eyebrows play a huge role in how you look, I find I feel cuter and more polished after I've stepped out of the salon with newly groomed brows, they really do open up your face, and make you look younger:D
Speaking of which, I should make an appointment, thanks for the reminderlol

Hmm, well I guess my secret weapon would be that I always get a mani, it makes me feel good to have something girly done. Maybe when I go in tomorrow I'll give in and let them do my eyebrows for a change. I just always get scared that they are going to give me that uneven surprised look. Thats why I usually just trim them at home.

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Kim_B said:
All I have to say is, never under estimate the power of (tasteful) cleavage...and a good bra ;)

Ok..... being a cleavage/gams showy girl myself.... you have reallllly popped my interest. Give Give!!!

Bikini waxes are not the most ladylike fun a girl can have (yet another one of my secret weapons) but you can't beat the results! So if you know something about cleavage that I NEED to know then dear girl, spill!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
OK I just painted my grotty toes with red polish, and they look (and I feel!) about a million percent better! OK my feet are still gross, and I attacked them with moisturiser and am going to get a pumice asap, but having pretty toenails has made so much difference to the overall look!

gotta say, i never got anywhere with a pummice stone. the foot files they do at the body shop are swell, though.

i have had really horrid cracked and rough heels for years and i thought i would never bear them but if you keep them polished, scrubbed and moisturised you'll find you will be getting them out on all occasions! i used to wear socks or little fabric shoes all the time and i mean in bed and everything. then i started looking after my feet and now sometimes i'll give my boy a flash of my varnished tootsies and he instantly kisses them all over! hee hee! 10 points for me!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
My fingernails constantly fall apart....but man....I have red toenails.

Same with me. My fingernails look like I've been using them as screwdrivers, and I usually have.

Another secret weapon is smelling good. I love bath gels & lotions & perfumes. No matter how schlumpy I look, I always smell fab.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Well, my routine varies daily (guess it's not really a routine then, is it? [huh] ), but one thing I can always do and it takes but just a nano second is spritz on some flowery perfume.

My fingernails are nonexistent, but maybe on day I'll listen to the hubby telling me to quit gnawing on them. Now that it's summer, I have to get in pedicure mode again.

I just received my girdle and FF stockings in the mail but have yet to wear them. I hate Nebraska weather with no A/C :(

Jenautica

Familiar Face
StaceFace said:
I hate Nebraska weather with no A/C :(

It's not much better with A/C. You go from Hot & Humid to Cool & Damp:(

My secret weapons are my nails. They grow like the dickens! I use Sally Hansen's Diamond Hard treatment to keep them from breaking. I usually keep them bare, as I type so much at work, polish just chips right off.

The tootsies are always painted Big Apple Red by OPI.:D

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
I am a member of the Red toe nail club, too! As a teen, I only and always wore red on my toes. I remember reading a book about how 'sexy' red was on a ladies toes, so I have done it since. Mainly a true red. Though lately I have been using a coffee color to change it up for a bit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy