Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Metal and glass

3294581960_684f7b1c66.jpg

3131773755_0ed9617325_o.jpg

2362070710_2f20e2c771_o.jpg

3042033283_4c770dc7d9_o.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
My high school English teacher commissioned this portrait for his classroom of Hemingway:

hemingway.jpg

Small photo, but it was a full 152x120cm.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
ThesFlishThngs - I would have too, for sure. He was such a handsome young guy... But alas, alcoholism ravaged his looks!

Maj.Nick Danger - I can almost feel the dog's fur in that portrait, just by looking at it. I'm always amazed when artists can manipulate their medium into such texture...
There most definitely is a future there for you, if you want it!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Maj.Nick Danger - I can almost feel the dog's fur in that portrait, just by looking at it. I'm always amazed when artists can manipulate their medium into such texture...
There most definitely is a future there for you, if you want it!
Thanks. :) But I think my greatest "fear" about success is being stuck doing only one type of subject matter. I have always thought that the greatest artists were those that could handle any subject matter because of the fact that their draftsmanship was up to the task. So I always strive to emulate them in my work. :eek:
One of my greatest influences, the great Maxfield Parrish, was stuck for quite a long time in his career as the artist who painted "girls on rocks". Painting became more of a boring chore for him until he was able to just paint the landscapes he loved later in his life.
Hopefully, I will be able to remain diversified and paint whatever I like, or at least a wide variety of subjects, as well as make a good living.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Available Light.

All shots were taken with available light, whether a household lamp or late afternoon sun coming in through a window.

Flowers by the Window.
642691819_2i8gU-XL.jpg

. . . On a Hot Day.
642692294_TGzmS-XL.jpg

Make a Call.
642691385_ZBXZJ-XL.jpg

Light From Above.
642728377_gX4fJ-XL.jpg

Take a Seat.
642691576_YznsE-XL.jpg

Take a Letter
642692664_wdSYv-XL.jpg

Take a Moment to Relax.
642692474_XGaaX-XL.jpg

La Strada

New in Town
Have been working on a series making double exposures in camera then experimenting with printing on outdated papers with some additional darkroom fun.

joushatree.jpg

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Found this thread a little late in the game, but the quality of work from our Lounge members is amazing.

I've posted some of my tattoo work in the "tattoos" thread but here is some of my work on canvas . . .

1480263309_l.jpg

and on Skin . . .

l_a6ba67f89e4a404a8187939e6603d1f1.jpg

Mother and Son portrait

l_783d82be826a4969b514e1e6de1274da.jpg

Old Man Willow (from The Hobbit) half sleeve. 100% freehand.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Thanks. :) But I think my greatest "fear" about success is being stuck doing only one type of subject matter. I have always thought that the greatest artists were those that could handle any subject matter because of the fact that their draftsmanship was up to the task. So I always strive to emulate them in my work. :eek:

You'd be surprised! Many artists stuck to what they knew, and became famous for it, like Renior (landscapes) and Van Gogh (still life.) The only truly diversified artist I know of is Da Vinci - he wasn't called a Renaissance Man for nothing! ;)

analiebe

A-List Customer
so many wonderfully creative & talented souls... its simply wonderful!

some of my handcrafted costumes for modern dance company balletlab's work origami photographed for the exhibition seamless @ the victorian arts centre

images with permission of & © to the victorian arts centre (melbourne, australia)
IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
looking through here I feel as though I leave a lot to be desiered but I shall post anyway.

A few of my copies from Degas
Myart004.jpg

Myart.jpg

This is my first ever painting on canvas it is 4 feet by 5 feet form a photograph I took a few years earlier
Myart007.jpg

Original photo
class020.jpg

Myart005.jpg

Myart018.jpg

THese are my fist and only attempts at water color
Myart011.jpg

Myart012.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
here are a few of my photos
This is the home I grew up in, my parents still live there
class044.jpg

class018copy.jpg

class036.jpg

This picture includes pictures of my brothers in it, it was a composite I had to make back in college. It means a lot to me that I was able to display it for my college.
project4.jpg

And a few of my drawing. I feel I am by far best a drawing.
Myart016.jpg

Myart014.jpg

Myart010.jpg

I didn't crop this but I just made this for a friend
Myart074.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari