Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, well, let's see:

Major Nick, Your statue shots are breathtaking! Your ehancements seem to draw something from the stone, the sword of insight into their power. Welldone!

Hargist, your work is very professional, the imagery is presented with a confidence and deft ability to engage. Terrific!

Quigley, you own that image manipulation program! YOur consistently intelligent humor is so good it rivals the quality of the images you begin with. I see you as the Spike Jones of protraiture. Your steeple shot has particular interest for me.

Curt, you must have been born with clay in your hands, or any other material.
Your illustrations match the quality of your sculpture. Reminds me of Michaelangelo's signing of the Sistine Chapel ceiling as "Michaelangelo, sculptor" Your work shows your mastery of your craft.

dean

deanglen

deelovely said:
Sorry for such a late post on this, I know this was a while back, but I just came across this and HAVE to say that your wife has AMAZING talent!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap What a gift she has been blessed with!:)

Thank you, I'll pass along your compliments!

dean

hargist

One of the Regulars
The Wolf said:
Is that Tonya Kay behind the red curtains?

Sincerely.
The Wolf

It is indeed! Good eye. I shot a few shows with her and Jack Dagger, and I did some publicity photos for them too.

Are you a friend of Tonya?

Used to think I was Lee Friedlander, Leslie Krims, Robert Frank

This series was a childhood pal who said mayhaps this will keep
some other kid away from the stuff. He is first injecting seconal
("reds") and observed "...you can't cook 'em, it'll gell...", and then
speed, a crushed "leaper" in solution. That is his high school homework in the first frame.
Son of a Our Gang extra and an award winning Hollywood soundman
who flew a P-38 in the Pacific and survived Jap internment. They both tortured this kid mercilessly.
All are gone long ago, he with a needle in his arm. (yours truly
was always merely an observer - photo at least 4 decades old)
smLarryClark-ish.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I take photos to use in my digital scrapbooking. Here are a few of my favorites:

spaceneedle.jpg

daffodils3.jpg

S5000787crop.jpg

anemone.jpg

octoberlocks.jpg

The Mister's taken some awesome shots, too. This one is my all time favorite. It was taken when he was fishing up in Alaska.

moneyshot3.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal said:
Gorgeous Babydoll. Is that an Eagle? How in the world did you get such a lovely closeup. Is that rain on its head?

It is a bald eagle. The Mister told me that the eagles used to land on the rigging and rails of the fishing ship he was on - looking for a handout of fish. They were quite persistent in wanting food, so they would hang out and make it easy to take photos. Yes, that's rain on it. He has many photos of the eagles on the ship... that just happens to be my favorite.

fatwoul

Practically Family
hargist said:
This is great!

Thanks Tom - praise indeed from someone of your talent. :)

Here's something else. I've linked to it because its too wide for the forum, and really doesn't work so well if I make it smaller.

It's a joiner, taken from the revolving restaurant of the tower in Sydney in 2001. Each shot was taken as our table passed a new window, and then put together later. It was done during dusk, which is why it changes from daytime to nighttime.

The execution of it wasn't all that great (pre-digital with hellish dusk exposures to contend with on dodgey film bought from a stall in the city), but I like it because I feel it really captures the flow of time in a still image.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
deanglen said:
Quigley, you own that image manipulation program! YOur consistently intelligent humor is so good it rivals the quality of the images you begin with. I see you as the Spike Jones of protraiture. Your steeple shot has particular interest for me.

dean

Thanks! That made my day!:)

deanglen

dostacos said:
here are a couple of my photos, one is a shot of a Newport Beach Dory boat and the other is SUNRISE Newport beach

doryfleet.jpg

sunrise.jpg

Dostacos,
I only wish your pictures could have been larger to capture the power of composition to an even greater degree than tahey have at the size you originally posted them. I could see Van Gogh doing a painting from both of them. Wonder if they are in color originally, or B&W.

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran