Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Corto, that is a great image! :eusa_clap

I agree with you, Tom. Some great artists here. Thank you very much for the compliment. :)

Here are a couple more. I took them last night for an assignment (Stone) on a photography forum I've joined.

Slice me off some of that geode.
DSC_1144-web.jpg

Dude, she's giving me the cat's eye!
DSC_1163-web.jpg

Lee

"A .jpeg is worth a MB of .txt"

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Warbaby said:
I've long admired the work of the pictorial photographers of the early 1900s. Lately I've been trying to apply the pictorial aesthetic to digital color photography - sort of a 'what would the pictorialists have done if they had access to digital cameras and photoshop' approach. It's not quite where I want it yet, but it's getting close.
LastFlight-72.jpg

Last Flight To Alexandria

I like this! Is it a DC-3?

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
Something Rare

I'm taking up photography again, just picked up a new DSLR this weekend that will double as my field camera for when I'm doing field study and work.

Anyway here is a photograph I took this last weekend. The subject is an Amur Leopard one of less than 40 left in the world making it the worlds rarest cat.

7d4597a3.jpg

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Ive always wanted to learn bookmaking. Thats a nice one!

LD
Thank you! It's really quite easy. I just used this tutorial for the cover with this tutorial for the stitching. I just use things I can find around my house, like dental floss for thread, leather from a worn-out jacket, and fabric liberated from my mother's sewing room.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You geezer

Warbaby said:
Yep, don't know the specific version or year, though. I took this shot at an airshow in California.

First time I ever flew cross-country (1958), one leg of the flight was on a DC-3.

You are oooooolllddddd.... and don't you also have a pic of yourself with The Grail?

Warbaby

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
You are oooooolllddddd.... and don't you also have a pic of yourself with The Grail?

Aaaagh! Did you have to use so many 'o's? I am devastated. Crushed. Utterly destroyed and distraught.

But the rest of the flight was on a Connie, so neener, neener - I've been privledged to fly commercially on two of the greatest passenger planes ever built - one of those rare vintage experiences that could only have been attained by someone who is "oooooolllddddd". Neener, neener, neener.

S'ok. You're still one of my best friends in the whole world.

And yes, I do have a photo of myself with The Grail. Since I've done a bit of photoshopping on it, I suppose I could post it in this thread.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Dixon Cannon said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a DeHaviland Comet, is it not?

-dixon cannon

Oops - I think you're correct. Those windows are wrong for a DC-3. I shot a lot of photos at that airshow and when I did this image I was paying more attention to turning it into art than the details of the plane itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace