Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping (Ebay)

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
onlyoneintown said:
I'm going to be doing some Ebaying and want to know what shirts I should get I'm an XL size if that matters and would love some help thanks!

oh and I don't have much money so yea... :-/

Presuming that you are looking for formal shirts, as a start, I'd suggest establishing your collar size and ideal arm length. This site gives some helpful advice:

http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Content.aspx?content=YourSize.htm

As to what shirts, personally I like double-cuffed shirts in 100% cotton with removable collar stiffeners and look for Jermyn Street makers such as New and Lingwood, Hilditch and Key, Harvie and Hudson, Turnbull and Asser or, at a lower level, T.M. Lewin, Thomas Pink, Charles Tyrwhitt, etc. The benefit of these is that many of these have been making shirts in much the same way for a century or more and even their most recent products (if chosen carefully) need not look incongruous in a "Golden Age" ensemble.

Although quite expensive new (Charles Tyrwhitt seem to be the cheapest at the moment, with all their regular shirts reduced to just under £30) they should be fairly reasonable if you don't mind buying secondhand.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner