Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shorpy All Stars

tommyK

One Too Many
SHORPY-500-01.preview.jpg
Some good looking lids poking around this Chrysler circa 1927

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great pic Ed. I know some younger fellows at our local coffee shop that copy Russ Nicholson's dress, beard and facial expressions to a 'T."

Thanks to all for contributing the interesting pics. Eric -

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
3b851cc9a1c6ea311dd9ce848a212aa7.jpg

Los Angeles circa 1953. "Tex Williams, host of Town Hall Party on KNBH-TV." The country singer known for "Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette)."

Back in the day every local TV station had a cowboy party show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
29de105d9285425693cace4227c4c8e6.jpg

January 1943. "Freight operations on the Indiana Harbor Belt railroad between Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Getting his waybills, Conductor Cunningham telephones his yardmaster with the number of cars he has to handle and where the delivery is to be made." Medium-format negative by Jack Delano for the Office of War Information. |

29de105d9285425693cace4227c4c8e6.jpg

January 1943. "Freight operations on the Indiana Harbor Belt railroad between Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Getting his waybills, Conductor Cunningham telephones his yardmaster with the number of cars he has to handle and where the delivery is to be made." Medium-format negative by Jack Delano for the Office of War Information. |

This picture hits home. My father was a freight conductor for the Pittsburgh & Lake Erie (New York Central System) during WWII. He could not enlist as a railroader was an "essential occupation". He finished his railroading days on the Southern Pacific RR here in Oregon. He wore the same kind of clothes, I think there is even a old photo with a soft cap much like this guy. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass