Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Micawber

A-List Customer
I like sports jackets and wear them a lot..

ST.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
trouser4.jpg

My favourite sport coat, an unlined navy cotton (drill?) jacket with pleated pockets and twin vents in back, plus a button on the underside of the right lapel. If you look hard, you can see it's a lowish three button. The lapel tends to roll down a bit. You can't tell, but the trousers are a sort of Prince of Wales check.

Rooster

Practically Family
Here's one of the Rooster's favorites. My wife thinks it a bit on the loud side:rolleyes: I think it's just right.
plaidjacket.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's one of mine to start it all off. A belted back beauty with pleats running from the shoulder panel to the belt. All the (patch) pockets show a similar triple pleat motif. This is a true beauty of an early 40s sports coat, and the most recent addition to my wardrobe. For less than 30 GBP, no less, including shipping from Australia. Enjoy.

The waist suppression here is accurate, and highlights what a well-constructed belt-back will achieve. The 50s cravat is new, too, and is made by 'Duggie'. I think it works well with this jacket.

PleatedBelted1.jpg

PleatedBelted2.jpg

The pattern. Colour is accurate. Great stuff!

PleatedBelted3.jpg

Martin, "action shots" to come . . .

bk

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Beautiful jacket BK- looks like a nice Thornproof.

Look forward to seeing yers, Scott.

BuT.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Wonderful collection! What are the clues that would differentiate a stand-alone sport jacket from an suit orphan? Fabric, surely. But there are more subtle weaves that one can also imagine as trousers.

Before my FL tutelage, I would have assumed that belt backs and bi-swing shoulders went hand-in-hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy