Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
My quest for a substantial dress form close to my size led me to find a torso form in a junk shop for $20 and pad it out. I used foam I had lying around, carved with an electric turkey knife, an old bra, and upholstery batting borrowed from my mother. The hips got foam padding because that was the most lacking measurement. lol I then made a cover (partly unfinished in the picture) with some thin jersey I had in the stash. Went from something like 34-27-32 to approximately 40-30-42, just about my size.

Then I realized maybe I should make a cast of the torso form just in case for smaller items, took the padding off, bought some package tape, and had at it (without taking the foam hips off... which I had sewn on!). Lucky for us, I remembered to take pictures before putting the padding back on!

Anyway, I'm posting here, maybe it'll inspire someone who's looking for an option other than ready-to-use forms and duct/package tape.

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

epr25

Practically Family
Well this isn't a fantastic clothing accomplishment like some of the other talented ladies on here. Bravo on all the jacket and pants ect. everyone. I can only wish I could sew like that!

I know that I can not be the only one on here that is involved somehow with a young person that is enchanted with Twilight. This is the Easter basket? kind of that I made today for my 12 year old stepdaughter. I think she'll dig it.

100_8676.jpg
[/IMG]

100_8677.jpg
[/IMG]

Lillemor

One Too Many
I don't know what Twilight is but I love that Easter basket! It very much suits my tastes and many of my styles. A similar type picnic or shopping basket would be a dream! I need to get crafty!

Shopping list:

Sturdy baskets - preferrably black/burgundy, black.
Black spray paint - if above cannot be found.
Glue gun.
Various ribbon rolls - lace, velvet, satin, some with wire in them.
Cheap, dark fabrics - with different motifs on them, gingham, plaid pattern, dark Chinese embroidered silk for lining the baskets.

One could decorate a matching straw hat!

anabolina

A-List Customer
Lillemor said:
I don't know what Twilight is but I love that Easter basket! It very much suits my tastes and many of my styles. A similar type picnic or shopping basket would be a dream! I need to get crafty!

Shopping list:

Sturdy baskets - preferrably black/burgundy, black.
Black spray paint - if above cannot be found.
Glue gun.
Various ribbon rolls - lace, velvet, satin, some with wire in them.
Cheap, dark fabrics - with different motifs on them, gingham, plaid pattern, dark Chinese embroidered silk for lining the baskets.

One could decorate a matching straw hat!

If you are interested, Twilight is the first novel of a young adult vampire series by Stephenie Meyer and it's one that (in my library) we can't keep on the shelves. The waiting list for New Moon is 8 people and of the 3 copies of Breaking Dawn returned this morning, 1 is left.

That said (sorry had to clarify because I'm a librarian), I also love that Easter egg basket. So unique.

ITA Antje. That jacket is wonderful. I love the color, I love the cut. Good job Rachael.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Finally!

I can FINALLY post some pics of my project! I decided to take up embroidery again around last November and it's taken me this long to actually get something done. I should have picked an easier project for my first go-around. But I'm pleased with the results, even though there are TONS of mistakes in this.

Next I'm going to try some projects that may take only a few days instead of weeks or, in this case, months. ;)

Embroidery001.jpg

Embroidery003-1.jpg

olive bleu

One Too Many
Nice job! Funny thing, tonight i pulled out an embroidery project(pillowcases with violets on them) that i started 4 years ago! why oh why can't we just finish things lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am posting this in the crafted thread since I didn't make the materieals. They are more assembled than made I guess.

This ones going in my etsy shop. It has really beautiful grey veiling which doesn't show up in the picture well.
014_11A.jpg

This one I sold to a vintage shop and they want me to make more.
016_9A.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I finished this for my mama-in-law's upcoming birthday:

pineapplelacedoily.jpg

It's a pineapple lace doily. The "pineapple" part of it is in the center of each point, with all of the small loops being the body of it, and the longer loopy ones being the top of the pineapple. It measures about 7" in diameter. Pineapples are a sign of hospitality, and my favorite kind of lace to make!

olive bleu

One Too Many
Babydoll said:

pineapplelacedoily.jpg

It's a pineapple lace doily. The "pineapple" part of it is in the center of each point, with all of the small loops being the body of it, and the longer loopy ones being the top of the pineapple. It measures about 7" in diameter. Pineapples are a sign of hospitality, and my favorite kind of lace to make!

I really need to learn to crochet.That's lovely BABYDOLL.I bet your mama-in-law will love it:)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Babydoll said:

pineapplelacedoily.jpg

GORGEOUS!

Crocheting looks so very difficult. But I'd still like to learn. :D

Decayla

New in Town
Dita Von Teese vanity set

I made this vanity set back in December of last year. I bought a plain looking mirror and brush set, took out the backing and had pictures of Dita laminated. I took my grandmothers vintage costume jewelry and made a border around the mirror accenting it with some pink stones. I added bows as a finishing touch. I even crafted the powder puff. It was a flat ugly square with a leather top. I folded in each corner and glued them to the center and made loops with some ribbon. Came out beautiful. I will never part with it.

l_3cd49020f6b54db98ade9e61399f834f.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
Decayla said:
I made this vanity set back in December of last year. I bought a plain looking mirror and brush set, took out the backing and had pictures of Dita laminated. I took my grandmothers vintage costume jewelry and made a border around the mirror accenting it with some pink stones. I added bows as a finishing touch. I even crafted the powder puff. It was a flat ugly square with a leather top. I folded in each corner and glued them to the center and made loops with some ribbon. Came out beautiful. I will never part with it.

l_3cd49020f6b54db98ade9e61399f834f.jpg

wow this is beautifull made :eusa_clap

texasgirl

One Too Many
Babydoll- those are beautiful! My mom has a pineapple tablecloth my aunt made that's like the first one just bigger.

miss_killin's question reminded me that I didn't post my last quilt. This one took forever! I started it in 2005 and then kept putting it aside and making quilts for gifts. The ones you do for yourself always get put aside-lol. But it came out really nice and we've been using it on our bed for a couple weeks. We might get a couple more weeks in before it gets too hot. Anyway, here it is, called Lucky Stars :)

luckystars.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
wow, I love that green doily and the red and white is beautiful too. How long did it take to make one?? I wish I could crochet like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic