Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Christmas Presents

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Some of us here are bigger gift givers than receivers - But I'm sure we all got one or two goodies from Santa this year :) I posted them on my blog (see signature), but here is the book I was most excited to get:

Christmas2009Presents003.jpg

Please share what you got!

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
Here's what Santa dropped us ... Wow, what an incredible sound from a small enclosure! You never thought your Ipod could sound this good!!!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWrRnd93lZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWrRnd93lZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I don't have any photos (yet)...

But I got a nice, leather notepad holder from my father. And I bought myself a Venetian glass dip-pen (cobalt blue in colour), from a little, out-of-the-way shop in the City. Writes very smoothly and comfortably. It's entirely made of glass. Everything, even the nib.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap I have that book, C-Dot. You'll love it!

Since I'm from a rather large family, with no one younger than fifteen (my youngest sister is forty-one), my siblings and I all agreed to not exchange. With far less money than I would have spent on twenty-one brothers/sisters/husbands/wives/nieces/nephews and etc., I bought this lighting kit. It's a gift from all of my relatives, and I got exactly what I wanted. :)

Now that I have lights that give me more control, it's time for me to start doing some vintage- and noir-style photos! :eusa_clap

Lee

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
Now that I have lights that give me more control, it's time for me to start doing some vintage- and noir-style photos! :eusa_clap

Lee

Sounds fun, I'd love to see some pictures.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Audrey Horne said:
Sounds fun, I'd love to see some pictures.

Oops! There's one minor omission in my post, Audrey: The lights aren't actually in my possession at this time. I ordered them on Thursday and, unfortunately, they're on back-order. I should have them in four to six weeks. :rolleyes:

Then I'll set up a shoot with someone or two from the Lounge and we'll create the images together.

Lee

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I received this book on the history of a classic hotel that's recently been restored in my hometown of Oklahoma City.

I wanted to go have a drink at the piano bar there during my sojourn in OKC over the holidays, but we didn't make it.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DSC03339.jpg

My children gave me this for Christmas. One of my sons sisters-in-law did the drawing, and my son made the frame himself. The drawing was from a photo taken of me just prior to my retirement from the State Hospital where I worked for 30 years. The drawing is rather large, about 2 1/2 x 4 feet. I have it hanging in my dining room.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
DSC03339.jpg

My children gave me this for Christmas. One of my sons sisters-in-law did the drawing, and my son made the frame himself. The drawing was from a photo taken of me just prior to my retirement from the State Hospital where I worked for 30 years. The drawing is rather large, about 2 1/2 x 4 feet. I have it hanging in my dining room.

What an amazing Christmas present!!! :eusa_clap

cecil

A-List Customer
A great hat!!

I collect hats, black vintage ones in particular, so my lovely Dad gave me my first gentleman's hat. It's not vintage per se but it's from their heritage collection, "Bogart" model. I'm sure all the gents here would be familiar with it!

akubra-bogart-hat1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot