Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your critters

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
mystergal's pup

mysterygalpup.jpg

she asked me to help her post her puppy...

now everybody say ....AAAwwwwww !!!!!

mark the shoeshine boy

Caledonia

Practically Family
Aawwwww, but not without aawwww to everybody else too. But Mystery, she is so cute, and is that dunes I spy her hiding in?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Trickeration said:
And this is my baby, Samba. He's only 3 years old, and will live to be about 80. I hand fed him as a baby, so he really thinks I'm his mother. Unfortuately, like most parrots, he doesn't really like anyone else in the house. He also talks, sings and dances, and can wave to you with one wing (his only trick so far).
pict12302vd.jpg

We also have 2 cockatiels and a parakeet, but they're a little camera-shy.

Wow for 3 years old, your parrot has beautiful plumage. I have a friend who has an African Grey (Elmer) and he looks balled. Hes going on 4 now, but he just keeps pulling his feathers out. My friend had him on meds for his nervousness, and it was working, but she stopped them so now its pluck pluck for elmer. Sigh, I could be life long he does this :(
Anywho your birdies are lovely.

LD

JustJen

Familiar Face
Such beautiful animals! This is Oreo. Her nickname is Eo. She was a stray that wandered into our backyard about 3 years ago. A really wonderful dog who adores the kids and me....she's a bit shy of males....we think she was beaten by one before she found us.

She's our little cutie pie mutt!!

blaizeybaby126.jpg

C

cherry_bomb

My baby, Ms. Tachibana (3 months)- blood dragon hanging out on my boyfriend's knee
Baby1.jpg

Ichi (2 years)- sandfire dragon taking a bath
ichi.bmp

Trickeration

Practically Family
AAwwwww. All of these animals are so cute.

But poor Elmer :( . Lady Day, has your friend ever given him plucking toys? They usually have frizzy sisal, cotton, palm or coconut rind, and can really keep a bird busy. If he's afraid of them, you set them kind of near the cage at first. After a couple of days, move it closer and once he's comfortable put it in. Might help. Foster and Smith has some online. Also, mirrors can calm birds, too. They think their reflection is a companion, and can be quite happy that way. They make bird friendly metal ones, like camp mirrors. Or you can use glass as long as it's not in his reach. I wish your friend luck, and thanks for the compliment to my 'fine feathered friends'.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Trickeration said:
AAwwwww. All of these animals are so cute.

But poor Elmer :( . Lady Day, has your friend ever given him plucking toys? They usually have frizzy sisal, cotton, palm or coconut rind, and can really keep a bird busy. If he's afraid of them, you set them kind of near the cage at first. After a couple of days, move it closer and once he's comfortable put it in. Might help. Foster and Smith has some online. Also, mirrors can calm birds, too. They think their reflection is a companion, and can be quite happy that way. They make bird friendly metal ones, like camp mirrors. Or you can use glass as long as it's not in his reach. I wish your friend luck, and thanks for the compliment to my 'fine feathered friends'.

Oh my friend has spoiled that bird beyond reason. She had fed him too when he was a few weeks old (she couldnt wait to get him). Hes just a spaz, and likes Depeche Mode . . .

LD :)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is Xena
DSC00001-1.jpg

Her uncle, Morrison is down from 18 1/2 lbs to only 17!
DSC00003.jpg

His brother Hendrix is MIA
blackie.jpg

And our beloved Oso hasn't been replaced since his death in 1994
oso.jpg

C

cherry_bomb

And our beloved Oso hasn't been replaced since his death in 1994
oso.jpg

He's beautiful! Such nobility in his face! I can understand why there is no replacing him- he looks like such a sweetheart!

nightandthecity

Practically Family
This is our new arrival.....

....very fond of running up my leg to say hello. I can now officially confirm that OUR BRITISH TWEED IS SUPERIOR TO YOUR AMERICAN DENIM. Yes, "Thornproof" also means "kitten proof"...

DSCN6826.jpg

DSCN6825.jpg

DSCN6819.jpg

DSCN6811.jpg

please forgive the trainers and other detritus of modern civilizaton. It is my daughter's bedroom.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You all have such cute pets!

Here is Carmina Burana Steiner, she passed away this past May 10th, and Tim and I miss her very much. She was an amazing dog, loved by everybody who met her, and yes, that is a picture of her smiling.

This is Miely cat and her whip, which she drags around the house. She only loves me and Tim. She growls and groans a lot, she's very silly.

And last but not least, Lily. She's chunky, and squirmish, but oh so sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner