Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well the dial-up modem has been smokin' this morning here in the the post oaks as I've been downloading this pic. These are the latest three additions to my 1950's hunting camp. I did some faniggling and worked out a trade for the third piece (the Model 721) yesterday.
100_2854.jpg

Newest addition (lt.to rt.) is the Remington Model 721 with vintage Weaver 3x scope calibre 30/06. Born in 1949!
Next is the Remington 870 "ADL" model 12 gauge pump shotgun, full choke. This one born in 1952
Last is the Remington Model 760 "Standard", pump rifle in .270 Win ctg. This is the baby of the group born in 1954.

A very nice collection there. I am sure you enjoy them all very much!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thought I'd throw in my collection.

The Ruger LC9 is my standard carry piece:
gun1-LC9.jpg

The Walther PPQ is my primary piece -- for home protection, and carry when possible:
gun2-P99.JPG

This is my Bersa T22 -- for plinking and just having fun:
gun3-Bersa22.JPG

This is the Walther P38. I've always wanted one of these, and finally got around to getting one.
gun4-P38.jpg

Very nice weapons! In 1977 I owned a Walther P-38, it was a fairly old pistol at the time I purchased it, and had the PPK380 auto. I was at a Gun Show near Long Beach and took both pistols in with me, seeking some extra magazines for them. At almost every booth I visited inside the Gun Show, I had offers to either buy the pistols or to trade them for a few other more expensive Pistols. I had no idea how desired they were at the time period, and are even still a very desirable weapon today. The PPK380 auto would jam often, and I knew it was something with the magazine itself. However, I did finally sell both pistols and made a trade to boot, from a person I met at that gun show. I think I made a good deal, traded both pistols (and holsters for them), for a new Ruger 44. Magnum with a 6 inch full vented barrel custom barrel, with reloader for it and $200.00 cash.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
" Oldest son asked me to go out deer hunting with him opening day. I'm thinking of taking the 760. But I doubt I'll take any cartridges! Just wanna go to the woods with a rifle, my pipe,and a set of binos. Haven't shot a deer in YEARS! Just like to go out!"

Bob, that sounds like paradise. Enjoy!

Kirk

jkingrph

Practically Family
Oldest son asked me to go out deer hunting with him opening day. I'm thinking of taking the 760. But I doubt I'll take any cartridges! Just wanna go to the woods with a rifle, my pipe,and a set of binos. Haven't shot a deer in YEARS! Just like to go out!"

Bob, that sounds like paradise. Enjoy!
Now that sounds like my idea of hunting, maybe take a good camera along.

About 40 years ago while a young Air Force officer in central Georgia, I hunted quite a bit for a few years. I was single, lived in an off base apartment so had no place to butcher a deer or freeze one had I killed it.

I did some pre season scouting, and on opening day caught a small herd, 5 does I think and I do remember the 3 bucks easing down to a creek just off the river for an early morning drink. I scoped all three bucks and whispered bang and had one of my most memoriable hunting days ever.

Kirk[/QUOTE]

Effingham

A-List Customer
Effingham, those are nice. How do you like the PPQ? I have looked at that one but have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

I love it. I originally wanted a P99, but this is the updated version of that. The only substantial difference is the PPQ doesn't have decocker on the slide, as does the P99.

It's a great piece.

As an answer for Atticus: I personally have never liked the 1911. I don't know why -- the aesthetic just turns me off.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
***OPINIONS PLEASE***

I've been thinking of buying a 1911. I'd like something sort of mil spec...but it doesn't have to be exactly mil spec. I especially don't like 1911 mil spec sights. I'm going to use it for country road shooting and maybe some personal defense. Yes, I know there are better personal defense .45s, but I want a 1911.

I was in Charlotte earlier this week and ran across Remington's new 1911. Well, newish. I think its been out a couple of years. I came very close to buying one on the spot, but decided to wait and bounce the idea off of the 1911 enthusiasts here on TFL.

Does anyone here own a Remington 1911 R1? What do you think?

rem1911_34554_1.jpg

AF

I don't have any info on Remington either, but http://www.thehighroad.org/ and http://thefiringline.com/ should be helpful (if you're not a member you can Google "Remington 1911R1 thefiringline.com" [or the other website] and you should get reviews and such)
1911s are the best pistols I've shot, and since they keep making them 100 years later... :D

A good running 1911 is one of the best handguns out there. There are many good choices out there in what you are looking for that look vintage but have good sights and features. Remington, Springfield and Rock Island all have very good reputations. Use GOOD magazines and lube and there is no better defensive sidearm out there.

I've heard Rock Island makes decent pistols (the only real complaint I've heard is they're "rattly" but that is an easy fix with some tuning... ;) and some styled to the "original" 1911 (following the c. 1911 pattern) that are only $300-$400 NEW!
DSC01185.JPG

I am going to agree that a .45 is a very good choice for personal defense. I have no information regarding the Remington production but I would think as far as the brand goes, they make a good weapon. And although many people do enjoy a semi automatic pistol, (my Wife carries one) I have always preferred a revolver. Mainly due to the once in awhile "jamming" issues you can have with a semi automatic. I currently do not own a pistol of any make, however I am considering the purchase of a .38 Special.

Personally, when I get back to the States I plan on acquiring a 1911 and a
Model28HP2.jpg
S&W Model 28

I like options... ;)

Also, something I found online, thought it was cool - "Vintage Tacticool":
custom_leather_tactical_holster_beretta_92_buddys02.jpg
Though I'll probably stick to shoulder holsters most of the time...
bucky.jpg
johnny-depp-as-john-dillinger-photo-2.jpg

Dubya

One of the Regulars
Look at this baby I picked up years ago..................................

I tell ya, get in the way of one of these and it'll leave quite a nasty bruise!

Only jealous cos I haven't got a real gun :(

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Real Men & Shoulder Holster

It's not the shoulder holster that makes the man, it's the man that makes the shoulder holster!
69107925_5124.jpg

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I have one that was 'liberated' at the end of WWII and sold to my father. Fine, accurate, reliable firearm but I wouldn't give you two cents for the 9mm cartridge. I've wondered if It could be given a new barrel and magazine in 10mm . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis