Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

rjb1

Practically Family
The one pictured is an 1860 Army in .44 (round ball).
I can't give a definitive answer either way, but I have heard opinions on both sides as to whether the blackpowder Colts (modern) were actually made by Colt in Hartford, CT or were made under license in Italy (where most of the modern blackpowder and cowboy guns are made).
The ones labeled "Colt", whether manufactured by them or under license, are definitely far more expensive (and maybe better).
Without directly adding to the controversy, you can check the fine print on the underside of the barrel or on the frame to see if you see "Uberti", "Armi San Marco", "EMF" ("Early Modern Firearms")or the word "Italy" anywhere.
All of my Civil War and Cowboy guns are Italian-made, so I have never had a chance to examine a "Colt" BP revolver in detail.

vedearduff

New in Town
I've been attempting to get an AZSA Joint started here in Indiana. When I first heard about the organization, I purchased a 1927a1 and joined the gang.

As far as the firearms for AZSA matches go, I have that covered. I've been into CAS since the mid '90s and many of those firearms would also be suitable for the AZSA.

Here are three of my AZSA guns.
Thompson-03.jpg

WaltherPPweb.jpg

1903-Scout-1-Web_zps259f9a8b.jpg

The bolt action would be for long range side matches. I also have a 1911, but I don't have any photos of it (yet).

Vernon in Indiana

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
This is from an ex Colt employe about the 2nd and 3rd generation cap and ball continuations sold by Colt. Uberti supplied the raw barrel and cylinder castings. Lou Imerato and his Iver Johnson plant made parts, collected parts, and assembled the F series under direct Colt in-plant supervision. A good 2nd generation unfired Army can sell for upwards of $1500!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
This was posted on another site and I thought it would be appropriate for the Lounge firearms enthusiasts. It is from the LASD from 1938. Obviously things were a lot different back then and I would not recommend trying some of this stuff, but still a very interesting vintage video.
[video=youtube_share;jDP8BRSEjrA]http://youtu.be/jDP8BRSEjrA[/video]

Kirk H.

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
This was posted on another site and I thought it would be appropriate for the Lounge firearms enthusiasts. It is from the LASD from 1938. Obviously things were a lot different back then and I would not recommend trying some of this stuff, but still a very interesting vintage video.
[video=youtube_share;jDP8BRSEjrA]http://youtu.be/jDP8BRSEjrA[/video]

Kirk H.
Try looking as classy with a regular gun today. It can't be done! Awesome video for law enforcement.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
It's ok to mention the American Zoot Shooters Association forum over on the Kahr site
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=239237&postcount=40

I found it on the M&P Forum site. I did not realize Americn Zoot Shooters had a forum on the Kahr site. I guess it is bound to happen that with so many differnt forums out there things will be shared. I wish Zoot shooting would catch on around here because it looks like a lot of fun.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Fulfilled a long-time year dream recently and picked up a black powder, hammer double rifle by Alexander Henry. 500BPE with all the trimmings made as a best quality gun in 1871. Unlike most of the other British gunmakers in the 19th and early 20th Centuries who were shotgun makers who occasionally made rifle, Henry (like other Scots makers) was a rifle maker first and foremost and you see this in how well his rifles shoot. I have a great interest in late 19th Century Scottish and Indian deer stalking so I've wanted one of these rifles for many a year.

406485073.jpg

406485080.jpg

406485082.jpg

I got her shooting and took her on the hill successfully stalking deer about two week ago. Few thing better than successfully stalking deer with 100 year old binoculars and a 140 year old rifle.

406485106.jpg

406485103.jpg

Doublegun

Practically Family
Well done, Chasseur. Glad to see your not afraid to burn some power and put the old gal back into service. Too many old guns like yours have been religated wall-hanger status. Cheers!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Fulfilled a long-time year dream recently and picked up a black powder, hammer double rifle by Alexander Henry. 500BPE with all the trimmings made as a best quality gun in 1871. Unlike most of the other British gunmakers in the 19th and early 20th Centuries who were shotgun makers who occasionally made rifle, Henry (like other Scots makers) was a rifle maker first and foremost and you see this in how well his rifles shoot. I have a great interest in late 19th Century Scottish and Indian deer stalking so I've wanted one of these rifles for many a year.

406485073.jpg
Just saw your Double on The Nitro Express forum. Well done, I love the old hammer Doubles, class all the way! Some day, Some day!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Thank you gents for the kind words. Yes the hammer rifles have really jumped in value in the past 5 or so years. I remember when all people wanted were the big hammer dangerous game stoppers (which I have no interest in) and if you like BPE or small/medium bore doubles the prices were not as bad...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda