Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
What Ho All!

I have been absent for some time but am now returned with some discretionary funds that an absence sometimes allows. Here's a recent little treat that I gave myself:

An S&W Model 15 K-38 "Combat Materpiece"

The new FL friendly grips are by "Fitwell" giving it a slightly cheesey but somehow classic look

Very nice Mr. Potts. I like those "Fitwell" grips.

Kirk

Doublegun

Practically Family
My latest acquisition, which I have been after for almost three years; an HJ Hussey Imperial Ejector, circa 1907. 12 bore, 28" barrels choked Cyl/IMod, gun weighs approx. 6-lbs, 6-ozs. The wood is Bastogne, probably 300-400 years old. The stock oval is engraved with a coat of arms and I am trying to find the family to which it belongs.

MikePotts

Practically Family
My latest acquisition, which I have been after for almost three years; an HJ Hussey Imperial Ejector, circa 1907. 12 bore, 28" barrels choked Cyl/IMod, gun weighs approx. 6-lbs, 6-ozs. The wood is Bastogne, probably 300-400 years old. The stock oval is engraved with a coat of arms and I am trying to find the family to which it belongs.

That Fortinbras crest is ours! - we were wonderin' where that Hussey went...Send It Back!! - NICE gun.

BigFitz

Practically Family
Good looking K frame with nice case coloring still showing. :eusa_clap
What Ho All!

I have been absent for some time but am now returned with some discretionary funds that an absence sometimes allows. Here's a recent little treat that I gave myself:

An S&W Model 15 K-38 "Combat Materpiece"

The new FL friendly grips are by "Fitwell" giving it a slightly cheesey but somehow classic look

Renault

One Too Many
Okay, this started out as an Oberndorf type B sporter until someone stuck a pre-64 model 70 Winchester barrel on it in 30Govt1906. So when it came in I had to have it. Prolly the only real Mauser sporter I'll ever be able to afford!

Doublegun

Practically Family
You could probably find a barrel is you did some digging but it's the Mauser action that counts. Mauser action, double-set triggers, in 30-06 isn't a bad rig. How does it shoot?

Oldsarge

One Too Many
It should shoot like bitz. Good hold, good barrel, good sights . . . what else do you need given it's got double triggers. My 6.5 Swede is a genuine Oberndorf. It even has the swastika inside the wings over the bridge. However, only the action is Mauser. I gathered the bits and had my gunsmith put them together. Cuss? He had a helluva time getting them right but by gar it shoots. Not much to look at, I'll admit, but beauty is as beauty does, I say.

On the other hand, that Hussey is to die for!

Doublegun

Practically Family
Thanks Sarge. I was incredibly lucky to find that Hussey. I have been looking for about 3-years, watching all the shotgun sites in the US and the auctions in GB. Ironically this one was so close I was able to drive to beer the seller to pick it up. Without doubt this is the finest Hussey I have ever seen and as fine as any Purdy, Boss or H&H you will ever see.

Renault

One Too Many
I figure this rifle is from the late 20's/early30's, but just my speculation. The original owner states it was originally a 6.5 ctg. this particular action length and style would have made it a 6.5 x 58. [ X 55 sporters were offered in the type K model(kurz). generally with a mannlicher stock.] One of oberndorf's sporter calibres. They could not find ctgs so his dad had the stuck Winchester barrel put on it. Haven't had the opportunity to take it to the range as of yet.

There was a aftermarket bolt shround and lo-scope safety installed. I just happened to have a brand new old stock, original sporter shround and safety in my secret box of goodies that I stuck back on!!!

I am pretty much a Mauser fanatic. (And Krags) Especially the 98 model. Have several guild rifles too! Only other thing I'd consider doing is installing one of those repro Rigby style peeps that mounts on the striker. Put one on a customers K model several years ago.

Like this;

http://www.gun-shop.biz/id44.html

Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many
Back in the day Lyman made several sights Sarge, that installed on a dovetail like the Rigby sight. They are rare as hen's teeth now. I thing they were the Model 103. They could be fitted on a Krag. However the peep most folks used on a Krag was the Rice that fit on the top at the rear of the krag extractor body, just in front of the safety. No drill & tap required.

I'm a fan of the old redfield receiver sight for the Krag. They require no drill or tap as well, and are generally easy to find. Simply remove the mag cut-off lever, and the sideplate screw holds the sight in place along with a plate that aligns in the mag cut-off hole.

Another gentleman by the name of Robert Zimmerman in one of the Carolinas makes small batches of true Rigby receiver sights. When ordered, they come with a new bolt striker that is already dove-tailed for the the peep! Very simple to install. They link I posted above required the dovetail attachment to be silver soldered to the existing striker... I've installed the Zimmerman sight for a customer. Very nice sight...

Renault

One Too Many
Very nice Deacon. Had a kid bring an R-15 in yesterday. He had put aftermarket collapse stock on it (wrong), put the recoil buffer in backwards, then The recoil spring. Then went and shot it!!!! Well, finally got it apart, reassembled correctly and fixed! LOL!!! Some folks!!!!!

In the meantime, this walked in used, yesterday! Appears unfired. Currently working out a trade for it!!! 45 Colt ctg. should be in its new home Monday! :)

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Very nice Deacon. Had a kid bring an R-15 in yesterday. He had put aftermarket collapse stock on it (wrong), put the recoil buffer in backwards, then The recoil spring. Then went and shot it!!!! Well, finally got it apart, reassembled correctly and fixed! LOL!!! Some folks!!!!!

In the meantime, this walked in used, yesterday! Appears unfired. Currently working out a trade for it!!! 45 Colt ctg. should be in its new home Monday! :)

Drool....That is sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael