Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

SurfGent

Suspended
TR_on_safari_with_his_405_caliber_1895_in_1909.jpg

Renault

One Too Many
Tell me more about the 1895 reference book. I have three of those (two original, one recent) and would like to read more about 1895's.

They contacted me on another forum. Apparently they have been working on the book for a while and are in the final stages of completion. When I find out more on availability, I'll post here!

SurfGent

Suspended
Hears some photos I've found of the actual rifle. Notice the seal of the united states in the scroll work on the barrel.

SurfGent

Suspended
Roosevelt’s top-break, single-action wheelgun was not chambered in the usual .44 Russian caliber. Roosevelt’s New Model Number 3 was chambered in .38 to match the standard military-issue ammunition of the time (makes sense if you’re heading off to lead a US Army Cavalry unit).

Roosevelt’s revolver also had a sturdier fixed combat target sight to accompany the rough-and-tumble lifestyle of a horse-mounted soldier. Because it came from S&W intended for a man of great stature, it left the factory with heirloom-quality engraving. The scrollwork, most likely performed by Gustave Young, is exquisite.

While the New Model Number 3 was in Roosevelt’s hands as he left New York for San Antonio, a gift of a Colt .38 service revolver salvaged from the sunken battleship Maine found its way to TR’s heart and holster instead. He carried the Colt, not the S&W, up San Juan Hill in the Spanish-American War.

SurfGent

Suspended
the little FN M1900 chambered in .32 ACP was the very semiautomatic pistol Theodore Roosevelt kept in his bedstand while President. Many of Teddy Roosevelt’s firearms and outdoor-related artifacts are on display in both the NRA museum in Fairfax, Virginia and the NRA National Sporting Arms Museum at Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, Missouri

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
That Big Medicine!!!!!!!!!!
"But as we stood, one of the porters behind called out “Simba”; and we caught a glimpse of a big lioness galloping down beside the trees, just beyond the donga…Tarlton took his big double-barrel and advised me to take mine, as the sun had just set and it was likely to be close work; but I shook my head, for the Winchester 405 is, at least for me personally, the “medicine gun” for lions." TR

Renault

One Too Many
One of my favorite 1895 Winchesters is a .35 WCF that old Charles M Russell engraved one night in from of the campfire with his pocket knife!!!
Rifle was loaned to the author Frank Linderman by the territorial governor of Montana for the hunting trip to Arizona! "Kid" Russell decided to do the scratchin's for something to do. Wished I could find a photo of it.

TPD166

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy