Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

big kahuna

Familiar Face
AeroDillo said:
I take it you been collecting for a while? lol

My Grandfather (now 96) started back in the days when civil war colts were 4 bits, krags and trapdoor Springfields were available at the Benecia Arsenal for $3 -$4 . Also, when he was young, many of these were thought of as "junk" and were given to him.

Lastly, in the '50's, Capwells department store sold barrels of longarms as "wall hangers" at $15 each...my Grandma woud let him buy only one a month...the rolling blocks, 1871 Mauser, Martini-Henry, Russian Berdan, and lots of 7mm and 8mm mausers came from this source...:eek:

However, with ownership comes responsibility, hence the safe.

For those who are interested of earlier times, here's some of my homemade stuff: A Matchlock..

IMG_0653.jpg

And a 1/2 scale burgundian cannon:

HPIM1951.jpg

However, the hats from this era ain't so stylish ....

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
big kahuna said:
Lastly, in the '50's, Capwells department store sold barrels of longarms as "wall hangers" at $15 each...my Grandma woud let him buy only one a month...the rolling blocks, 1871 Mauser, Martini-Henry, Russian Berdan, and lots of 7mm and 8mm mausers came from this source...:eek:

In the late 60s and early 70s, the Kings department store here had barrels of rifles, mostly 7mm and 8mm Mausers at $15-$25 each. My first centerfire rifle was an 8mm Mauser that I bought there.

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
I posted these on another thread.
My Smith & Wesson revolvers.

Top to bottom-
model 29 .44 mag.
model 625 .45 acp
1917 .45 acp
model 19 .357
model 10 .38
model 66 .357
model 36 .38

sw.jpg

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
My other revolvers.

Top to bottom-
Ruger Security-Six .357
Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag.
Ruger Vaquero .45 colt
"Liberty" Ruger Single-Six .22
Taurus .22
Charter Arms .38
New England Firearms .22, my back pocket fishing and snake gun

rev.jpg

Paratrooper

Familiar Face
big kahuna said:
For those who are interested of earlier times, here's some of my homemade stuff: A Matchlock..

IMG_0653.jpg

And a 1/2 scale burgundian cannon:

HPIM1951.jpg

However, the hats from this era ain't so stylish ....
What cal are the guns, I really like the matchlock very nice.
as for the hats 1630's muskters style big brim and alot of feathers, whats not to love?

Barrels O' Guns

I have early memories of the Hollywood gunstore (just west of Pix theatre) near Gower with barrels o' mauser C-96s... Father must have had the police radio on when as a little boy I was packed into the car and driven down (press pass) to the site and watched it burn down, barrels of powder and all.

big kahuna

Familiar Face
Paratrooper said:
What cal are the guns, I really like the matchlock very nice.
as for the hats 1630's muskters style big brim and alot of feathers, whats not to love?

Paratrooper. The matchlock is .45 cal...as it was my first scratch build, I did not want to spend $$ for a barrel not knowing if it would come out (the barrel cost $40, as opposed to 160 plus for a large caliber. The 1/2 scale cannon fires #4 fishing sinkers (aboy 1 1/4 inches).

I could probably wear the floppy hat, but the codpiece is definitely out:eek:

Rooster

Practically Family
How about some hand guns? These my grandfather gave me in about 1980. The Nickled H&A 32 S&W I found in his nightstand drawer after he died.
gramps1.jpg
[/IMG]
In holsters...mostly
gramps2.jpg
[/IMG]
Above: Hopkins and allen .32, P38 and Colt .45
soviet1.jpg
[/IMG]
The rest of these I collected. Commie guns in holsters. These holsters are harder to find than the guns are! 3 pigskins, probably WWII era One field made cow hide (reddish one). The Tok is either cow or horse, I don't know. Then there is the common faux pigskin pebble grain black one.
soviet2.jpg
[/IMG]
These are all original finish guns, not those crappy rearsenaled jobs....:rage:
Top is a 1940 dated Tokarev in 7.62X25. Will supposedly shoot through body armor. I also have a 9mm barrel for it. This is an all matching gun, even the magazine! Now we'll go left and right on down the line. All the rest are M95 Nagants.SUPER rare 1901 in single action only. another rare single action only dated 1906. The Imperialist stamp has been peened out by the Commies. All the rest are Double actions 1915, 1928 1939, and two 1944's.

Paratrooper

Familiar Face
big kahuna said:
Paratrooper.
I could probably wear the floppy hat, but the codpiece is definitely out:eek:
Kilt, my lad think kilts. Plus by the 1600's codpiece were out of fashion for the most part. "Pants" like items were common
But kilts are where it is at.
youth200113.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Here's another of my favorites, and a type you don't see often. It's a French military pistol that they adopted in 1967, the MAB PA-15. I don't know if they still use this type any longer. It's 9mm, with a 15 round magazine. Unloaded, the thing weighs 39.75 ounces, so it sits in your hand like the Rock of Gibralter. To miss anything with this, it has to be intentional.
Guns.jpg

warbird

One Too Many
KilroyCD said:
Here's another of my favorites, and a type you don't see often. It's a French military pistol that they adopted in 1967, the MAB PA-15. I don't know if they still use this type any longer. It's 9mm, with a 15 round magazine. Unloaded, the thing weighs 39.75 ounces, so it sits in your hand like the Rock of Gibralter. To miss anything with this, it has to be intentional.
Guns.jpg

And the best thing about a French weapon is they were never fired and dropped only once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24