Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Undertow said:
So help me, if the country is ever invaded...

Or if there is an outbreak of brain-eating zombies...
What if they were already here?...living in your neighborhood?...going to your church and softball league and PTA?...hanging with you over the back fence talking cars and sports and...guns??? :eek:

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Roger said:
I was thinking of getting a Ruger Vacquero. How do you guys like it?[huh]

I love it! If you can find one from a few years ago that has the optional 45 ACP cylinder, get it! You hardly feel the recoil, and it's really fun to shoot! I think the Vaquero is also available in a .44, but I've only shot a .44 Colt with cowboy loads. I can't vouch for the .44 Ruger personally, but if the .45 is anything to measure by...

Bebop

Practically Family
Fletch said:
I defend my way of life with these:

120280410_47bd29644f.jpg

The "Four Old Naked Ladies" - 1930s Conn M-series saxophones

How can you possibly defend yourself without a baritone sax? [huh]

Gatsby84

Familiar Face
Roger said:
I was thinking of getting a Ruger Vacquero. How do you guys like it?[huh]

I got a New Vacquero, not sure if that's exactly what you're asking, in .357 (before I knew I would be reloading) and I love it. The factory sights are set to 15 yards but I've shot mine out a bit further than that. It is a well-balanced durable firearm... makes me wish I had one in 45LC also.
-Allen

Ruger Vaquero .45LC & S&W 659 9MM

Here's a single action stainless Ruger Vaquero 4 3/4 " barrel .45LC with stag grips..and A double action S&W Mo. 659 9MM engraved with Ivory grips from my collection. IMO the Vaquero,with a few modifications,is very good point and shoot heavier frame single action. Great for the .45LC caliber.
HD
100_0503.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
J.S.Udontknowme said:
Undertow--That’s a nice collection. You have something for every purpose.

But no Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt range.

AeroDillo

Familiar Face
Not the whole collection, sadly. Just the stuff I keep on hand.

gunser6.jpg

Top of the picture is a Remington 11-48, which was one of their first (if not the first) to make the transition from the early century 'humpback' configuration to the cleaner reciever lines we know today. I bought that one because the recoil system intrigues me.

Down from that,we have a cherry 1903 Springfield, built in 1922 and arsenal rebuilt in May of '44. It's a parts gun, but an immaculate parts guns.

Below that and left is an M1A1 paratrooper carbine. Nowhere close to historically accurate (wrong sights and a bayonet lug) but a blast to shoot. I sometimes carry that as a truck gun.

Moving right, a S&W 581 (purchased the day after I turned 21) an Auto-Ordnance 1911A1, and a Brazilian contract S&W 1917, which needs new grips (it's being altered into a fictional character's carry piece...oddly enough, not Jones).

Underneath those is the forward half of a Winchester 1897 takedown shotgun. The reciever is floating at the bottom of the page.

And then there's the Thompson. :D

And two more that I have, but live in the safe back home.

1903mx3.jpg

Top is a 1911 (no -A1) from 1918 with too many stamps to count. As I understand it, this particular gun was sent to the British soon after manufacture. As such, it has US arsenal marks, export marks, British acceptance marks, return marks, and US reacceptance stamps. I swear...the left side of this thing looks like billboard.

Bottom if a Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless in .380, built in 1925 and still wearing 100% original finish (!). Shoots like a dream, too.

AeroDillo

Familiar Face
An Auto Ordnance/Kahr, tragically. I need to see about getting some work done. I'm just not sure the bank account's up for it.

Licenses? We don't need no steenking licenses!

At least in some states, anyway... Here in WA, you need a license to carry, but not to own--someone tried an initiative to require that, and it failed by a landslide. Vermont, none at all--unless you're using "Title II" toys...

AD, check out 1927A1.com for some ideas. Are you registered over on the Iannamicos' Thompson board (machinegunbooks.com)? (Some snobbery over there about Colts, but you get such everywhere to various degrees...)

Starius

Practically Family
Firearm heirlooms

In my introductory post, I showed my great grandfather's hat. So, I might as well show his old hunting shotgun which also now belongs to me:

MW Enders Oak Leaf
wmendersoakleafrn1.jpg

And here is another family heirloom gun, a double barrel shotgun that is over (EDIT) 122 years old.

doublebarrelpo9.jpg

The original stock on the double barrel gun has been replaced with a newer hand carved one though, the original had a unfortunate split in it from age. It's in complete working order however, but it predates standard shotgun shells.

Interestingly enough (at least to me), the great uncle who had this gun prior to passing on also kept a old 6 foot long goose gun hidden underneath a bed mattress. Unfortunately, we didn't get that gun. I didn't even get to see that one...

AeroDillo

Familiar Face
For it's age, it looks to have weathered quite well.

Not long ago I sold my oldest 1897 Winchester (trading a piece I didn't use for one that I plan to). It was one of those that had been worked pretty hard. At the time I sold it, it was 104 years old.

old97hz9.jpg

The metal was pretty well worn, but you wouldn't believe the furniture. Butt and forearm had the most beautiful deep red sheen. It was something to see.

Harry Pierpont

One of the Regulars
!00 years off?

[
And here is another family heirloom gun, a double barrel shotgun that is over 200 years old.

doublebarrelpo9.jpg

Starius, Maybe your mistaken? 200 years ago would be 1807, long before any breach loading shotguns.
Nice double though!!

Harry

Technonut

Practically Family
AeroDillo said:
For it's age, it looks to have weathered quite well.

Not long ago I sold my oldest 1897 Winchester (trading a piece I didn't use for one that I plan to). It was one of those that had been worked pretty hard. At the time I sold it, it was 104 years old.

old97hz9.jpg

The metal was pretty well worn, but you wouldn't believe the furniture. Butt and forearm had the most beautiful deep red sheen. It was something to see.

I really like that shotgun... :eusa_clap I always wanted to get my hands on a 1897 Winchester trench shotgun like this one...

firearms_shotgun_m1897_600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21