Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

EriCal

Familiar Face
Lyman 48s. NRA Sporters (2), G&H Sporters (2), Sedgley, Springfield M2, Winchester 52.
NRASporterShort.jpg

GHLongSlide-2.jpg]

NRASporterLong-.jpg

GHShort.jpg

SedgleyLyman48.jpg

SpringfieldM2-3.jpg

SpringfieldM2.jpg

Win52-2.jpg

AirCraftSight.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

Last edited:

Doublegun

Practically Family
Nice photos, Eric. Your Lyman's appear to be in great shape as do the rifles. I have always been amazed at the engineering behind them yet how simple they are to use. I can't imagine how much it would cost to buy one today if they were still being made out of the same materials at the original Lyman's. I know Williams makes a peep today but they are not nearly as nice as the old Lyman's.

Thanks for posting.

twaits

New in Town
Picked this little gem at Cabelas for $749. Original box numbered to the gun and 5 original two tone magazines. All the original paperwork including the rare brochure on the tansley safety that they only shipped in 1916 and 1917

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

old barnacle

New in Town
You are welcome. BTW welcome to the Lounge. Is that a H&K "Squeeze cocker" on the wall?
Nice to be here, thanks !
Yes that´s a squeeze cocker with a big tank of 13 shots. While not quite fitting in the Golden Era, still my favourite.
For style I got a Luger and a M1911 to follow soon (no collection is complete without a M1911).

Impressive, especially when considering the Mail Bag. ;)
I use it as a perfect fitting dust cover for my Dillon, and it adds that certain Royal touch to reloading !

Story

I'll Lock Up
I use it as a perfect fitting dust cover for my Dillon, and it adds that certain Royal touch to reloading !

Considering the flavor of your collection, here's an 1897 Metford Mk 1 out of Afghanistan - note the Himilayan beaver-gnawed forearm and tasteful native sling. The last 8" of the bore is somewheres around .40 caliber.

astanmetfordmkicropped.jpg

Unit disc plugged and no other markings, so impossible to tell what unit lost it.

old barnacle

New in Town
Considering the flavor of your collection, here's an 1897 Metford Mk 1 out of Afghanistan - note the Himilayan beaver-gnawed forearm and tasteful native sling. The last 8" of the bore is somewheres around .40 caliber.

astanmetfordmkicropped.jpg

Unit disc plugged and no other markings, so impossible to tell what unit lost it.

Such rifles can tell stories, nice !
It doesn´t even look bad for the mentioned circumstances.
And yes, I´m into British arms. I recently aquired a No.5 jungle carbine (for the gap between the No.4 and the P-14), so my British rifle collection is complete now.
Maybe I´ll go for the muzzleloaders now, let´s see.

Barnacle, welcome to the place and congrats on a fine collection. Have you ever dropped in at www.surplusrifleforum.com ?

Thanks mate !
Yes I´m there too but haven´t been for a while.

Story

I'll Lock Up
A work in progress : an ostrich skin shoulder holster for the S&W #3 actually fits a detachable mag Broomhandle snugly, and disappears under a sport jacket.

Still needs a retention strap and I think I'm going to repurpose the .44 loops on the left side to retaining straps for a brown leather mag pouch (taken off a Makarov holster ages ago), which will hold one (1) spare stripper clip of 9mm.

ccwbroomie.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy